1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
not really wayy too small

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
She looks deerhead to me, but the picture is very small. It would be easier to tell with a larger picture if you could upload one for us. :)

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Deerhead! You can tell by the placement of the ears, and the longer snout! Appleheads have shorter snouts, more rounded head, and the eyes are also more round!
Mine is a deerhead. I don't know how true it is, but deerheads supposedly have fewer breathing issues. My last one was applehead and I worried constantly about his breathing. He had a lot of reverse sneezes. So far, Angel is fine. Of course, he is only one year old!
Not matter which one, he is cute!!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
My guess fro that pic is deerhead looks like my Zoe. I am still debating on Holly's head lol.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah, that's what I was thinking too. However looking at her I think she may be a mix of a applehead/deerhead. But I'm 99% sure she's a deerhead. I'll try and upload some pics later from Mom's phone.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Girl, I like how you threw in "normal" as a choice! haha!

There are 2 head types. Apple and Deer. The good news is that both are "normal"!

It is just a matter of preference, what the baby you love has and if you plan to show or breed and adhere to the breed standard.

The apple head is very domed and the muzzle is angular. You should see a distinct 90 degree angle from the top side of the nose to where the nose meets the head or forehead area.

If the nose is not at a sharp angle or the forehead area is sloped than the head is a deer head.

My girls have an actual indentation where their nose meets the area between their eyes. Here are a couple of pics of apple:

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Tillie isn't full Chi so I'm not really sure if you can call her applehead or deerhead because her traits are also coming from a different breed. But looks-wise, she's deer. Her forehead is sloped and she has a long muzzle.

Benny is apple. He has a very pronounced stop and short muzzle. Also a very rounded head.

Karen, I want to clone Hope for myself! She is sooooo cute! I showed your youtube videos of the girls to my boyfriend, and he agrees that she is the cutest thing ever. :)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Am I missing something where are the videos of Hope and the girls? I wanna see too :)
Since my kids are grown, out of the home and live hours away, I have far too much time on my hands nights and weekends and take videos of them doing really not much at all. It amuses me. Glad to know they are entertaining to you as well, Caitlin!

Hope thinks that Benny is a perfect boyfriend for her. They match!

Here is a link a video of them. This one does a good job of showing their profiles (to keep this on the deer or apple head topic!). You can see other videos there as well:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Karen,

They are adorable! Would love to see more.. When I click done, nothing else pops up. Benny says he would love to be Hope's boyfriend! She is a cutie patootie!

Curious what Hope weighs? Her age?

Thanks for sharing your video with me :) BTW, my grown kids are always saying I have way more pics of my fur babies than of them, LOL. And that would be TRUE, HEHEHEE,

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Hope weighs 4 pounds. She is a few days from 19 months.

You should be able to see my user name (justajesuchick) at the top left of the video playing and click that to view all videos. They are all public.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hmm, I am on my iPad so maybe that's why I can't see anything, not even your user name. I will go take a look on my pc :)

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Karen, keep um' coming!!! They are so much fun to watch!!! I love Hope, Ruby, and little Eden. Lulu would love to be a playmate if we lived closer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts