Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 15 week puppy does some strange stuff
1. She digs a hole in her bed then does a front flip agaist the wall then just sits there upside down for about 5 seconds.
2. she has a mad 10 mins everyday where se runs into every room in the flat as fast as she can over and over.
3. she likes licking my ears
is this normal
does your baby do any of these things or what does your baby do thats crazy;)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
My golden retriever does the running it's called the zoomies google it you will get tonnes of hits, totally normal for any puppy/dog :)

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahh really its cute but gets a bit.......wet in the end heheh
and read it up n inja does have zoomies i think i thought it was funny but sounds abit more then just fun

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
my 15 week puppy does some strange stuff
1. She digs a hole in her bed then does a front flip agaist the wall then just sits there upside down for about 5 seconds.
2. she has a mad 10 mins everyday where se runs into every room in the flat as fast as she can over and over.
3. she likes licking my ears
is this normal
does your baby do any of these things or what does your baby do thats crazy;)
1. Check! Although I stop Hershey when she kinda do a headstand leaning on something. Makes me worried she will break her tiny neck or something.
2. Check! Does it all the time. They love their zoomies!
3. Check! Does it at night before going to sleep.

All totally normal ;)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Be glad you don't have six doing zoomies....LOL although it's cute and there's a thud every now and then...(non-carpet floor and misjudging stopping distance...noone hurt in the process!)

OH, and like the others have said...NORMAL!!!

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Be glad you don't have six doing zoomies....LOL although it's cute and there's a thud every now and then...(non-carpet floor and misjudging stopping distance...noone hurt in the process!)

OH, and like the others have said...NORMAL!!!
awww i would love to have 6 but i do get worried sometimes because like you said she does tend to run into things.
The other day she was on the sofa with me and decided to have a mad 5 mins. She ran to the endo of the sofa and jumped head first off. She was uncontious for 2 hurs.
She also yesturday ran into the door frame and really hert herself as she yelped she is mad:confused:

·
Registered
81 Posts
All totally normal. All my dogs have done it or does it. My Chi can not have enough of my ears for one thing, just like my mix loves to dig through my noose. He digs his 2birrow" each night before dropping himself down with a bang and every once in a while does zoomies preferably together with Lady all through my flat up on teh sofa jumps head first up on the bed. He is a maniac when he gets started. Does not last lvery long though :) He does not jump up in the sofa or bed anymore though since i thought him it is a forbidden area for dogs, so less chance of him breaking his legs now :)

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All totally normal. All my dogs have done it or does it. My Chi can not have enough of my ears for one thing, just like my mix loves to dig through my noose. He digs his 2birrow" each night before dropping himself down with a bang and every once in a while does zoomies preferably together with Lady all through my flat up on teh sofa jumps head first up on the bed. He is a maniac when he gets started. Does not last lvery long though :) He does not jump up in the sofa or bed anymore though since i thought him it is a forbidden area for dogs, so less chance of him breaking his legs now :)
maybe i should start teaching ninja not to get on the sofa without a invite from me or my husband, It would be for her own sake.
When she starts having zoomies i try my best to move things out of her way so i end up doing the zoomies with her.
my husband thinks we are both nuts all he keeps saying is sometimes i wonder.
hehe

·
Registered
81 Posts
Lol, i can picture the two of you together doing a zoomie. Yes, it might be a good idea to teatch her not to jump up in the sofa without an invite. It only took 2 days for Locco to get the it. Sure he "forgets" every once in a while but i only started with this recently as i want him to become a bit more calm as well as independent. He does not have to be attached to be like he was glued stuck 24/7 :) It works wonders for dicepline as well as it clearly states who's the boss :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
yep...Lola gets the zoomies sometimes too....it's not ear licking with Lo...it's NOSTRIL licking! eewww! think i'd prefer the ears to be honest!
where did you get your baby from?

·
Registered
81 Posts
yep...Lola gets the zoomies sometimes too....it's not ear licking with Lo...it's NOSTRIL licking! eewww! think i'd prefer the ears to be honest!
I could not help but to laugh out loud reading this. Here comes a brief description of my "cuddle times" with Lady and Locco.

1. Locco goes straight for the ears...he is like a mad man. Resting his paws against my face (or maybe he is making sure i keep my head still, hm...) if i dont have my head on the ground.

2. Lady goes straight for the nostriles...she is like a mad woman and oh boy can that tiny tung get in deep. If you are not quick enough to counteract her she will dig her tung so deep inside you actually feel pain and she is even worse if i have a cold! Crazy!!

So, i bet it must be a funny, and somewhat grose sight, me on the floor, having one dog all over my ears and another all over my nose... :)

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got her from a breeder in kent she is now a very good friend. and ow yes ninja likes to lick my nostrils to! bless them they do the strangest things:)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sounds totally normal to me. Lavender gets the zoomies at least once every day and dashes around the house flat out, having a wonderful time. We call it the Bichon Blitz when the Bichons do it.

Jeanette

1 - 15 of 15 Posts