Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed lately that my chihuahua's nose has started get lighter in color. His nose is still wet, so I don't think hes sick. Is this normal?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Sometimes pigment gets lighter during the winter months. Hence the label "snow nose". I would expect the nose to darken up as it gets warmer, although some dogs do have stripes of lighter colored pigment on the nose and that's just the way they are. No, he's not sick, don't worry. :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Yeah, it's normal. Maxies nose has turned a bit pink (it is typically black). Gotta love the snow noses! :)

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
When I rescued Tango at 7 months, his nose was black. It's a dark brown now, (as you can see below) and it's not a snow nose, it just lightened up over time. For him, it was just one of a number of changes that occurred as he matured.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Neeci has gotten a lighter stripe down the middle of her nose. Since this is her first winter I don't know if it attributed to the winter or if it just lightening with age. It will be interesting to see what it does when winter is over. I never knew this was an issue I just thought it an interesting quirk.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I've noticed lately that my chihuahua's nose has started get lighter in color. His nose is still wet, so I don't think hes sick. Is this normal?
Is he drinking out of plastic? That can make nose colors lighten because of chemicals leaching out into the water...scary sounding,I know! I would make sure he is drinking out of stainless steel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts