Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've seen this video many times, I'm sorry but
It makes me sad and worries me :(

I could be wrong but to me it looks like the
Poor little pug has PDE - I know people with pugs with
This disease and it's tragic :(
Oh that is sad, I hope that is not the case. I was not aware of that disease. Hopefully the owners would have had her checked by their vet to find out. But if she does have PDE, there's nothing to really do for it so at least they're not letting it bring the family down. That's probably why there's a moral to the song at the end.

·
Registered
509 Posts
It does say at the end he has some sort of brain disorder but would be too risky to operate, most likely the one mentioned.
I think the point of the video is to show even so he/she is happy and has a life worth living, very cute video at that ; o ;

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The thing that worries me is how many people on You Tube/Facebook are thinking 'aww so sweet & happy' and how many people are actually laughing at the dog's disability?

My partner & I are very sensitive to this subject...
I don't think it's anyone's intention to laugh at a disability and that's not what Loca's family is doing. In the video description, it says "Just so everyone understands, Loca suffers from a mild brain disorder. It is operable but risky and as the vet says she is unaware anything is wrong with her and will live a long and healthy life, we decided not to risk losing her." They are trying to make the best out of her situation instead of treating her life like it's something to pity. I'm sorry I offended you. I'll take it down.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Is this the Pug who can't run? I think it is a lovely song, showing how happy she is despite her condition and how much she is loved.
Yes, it is. They have made many songs for their dogs and they are all on YouTube. The poor little pug cannot run but is happy and so loved! There is a very cute video about the little one going to the vet on YouTube and many other very creative videos.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts