Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Read Only
1,949 Posts
I have never heard of a Chihuahua pug cross... Seems like a breeding disaster since they both have large heads and sometimes issues giving birth. His tail doesn't look "curly" like a pugs to me.. My Penny has a tail similar to his.

· Read Only
1,949 Posts
Oh, I didn't know you could get a DNA test done on dogs. I knew you could on birds.....

No, not from a breeder, from a family who said they had a long hair and a short hair and they didn't mean for them to breed, but after the birth they were having the femaile spayed. Ty doesn't look like he has any long hair in him, but then I read that sometimes it takes two months or so for the long hair to come out.... I'm glad to hear that there are black masked chi's. I haven't run across any pics so far, but there is an official Chug website. I tried to copy and paste in here, but I wasn't able to.
Oh, well LC/SC breedings can end up with a short coat chi, as the LC gene is recessive. So it is possible he is a SC. Also, I was going to say that Penny's muzzle was wider like his when she was little. I wouldn't worry too much about it, he looks full chi to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.