Chihuahua People Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Gucci Grande! I vote for yours as the best sig.... I made it my desktop pic for a few days, but the gif didn't work, it was still cute!

Thanks everyone for your comments.... so happy we think he is all Chi... his personality grows cuter with each passing day... he's my very first Chi ever.... I'm going to post one or two more pics taken this weekend with his big brother, boo-boo.... they love each other sooo much:p

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Here they are, I love my babies sooo much! I did some research on black masked chihuahua's this weekend and found that yes, there are black masked in addition to many many other colors, that's one of the things that makes Chi's so fun!

· Registered
4,652 Posts
I don't see Pug at ALL. Coming from a complete unregistered pet breeding anything is possible but just looking at our baby nothing at all screams "Chug" (I really hate that name LOL). A lot of Chi's are born with black masks. Few keep them as adults...but it does happen. Regardless your baby is absolutely adorable. :)

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
MChis..... Are all those gorgies yours!!!! OmG! I ADORE THEM!!!! I can tell this is a very dangerous place to be. I was only gonna have 1 dog, boo-boo then came Tyty, and honestly I can't have anymore... but, seeing your family makes me melt..... oh ps: I have a little rescue lovebird named Milo.... He has such a great personality.... I think I have a karmic connection with Marley....lol....

· Registered
236 Posts
I hate all the 'designer' names!

It really gets my goat when people tell me LeStat is a Jackawawa......no he's not he's a damned chihuahua x jrt....he's the only crossbreed I have!
Chiweenie does my nut as well....a breeder near me has a litter now.....what's the cross for them anyway?

Why can owners not accept that they have a crossbreed without sticking a silly name on it?

· Registered
4,652 Posts
MChis..... Are all those gorgies yours!!!! OmG! I ADORE THEM!!!! I can tell this is a very dangerous place to be. I was only gonna have 1 dog, boo-boo then came Tyty, and honestly I can't have anymore... but, seeing your family makes me melt..... oh ps: I have a little rescue lovebird named Milo.... He has such a great personality.... I think I have a karmic connection with Marley....lol....
Oh thanks! And yes they are all mine. :) We started out with Matilda almost 4 years ago & my hubby was sooo worried (he disliked dogs..REALLY hated little dogs) about adding her. We both fell in love though she is his shadow to this day & he treats her better than anyone else I think. haha Each addition we get is "the last one for good for a looooong time". haha So good luck with that!! ;)

I've just started to show & I have definitely gotten much more picky about what *I* want (I love all Chi's though!!) so it makes it easier to pass on the cute lil puppies where as before they'd all pull at my heart strings. Lulu is my little show girl & I'm getting sooo hooked to that--having a sport to go along with the love of the breed is super fun.

Milo is definitely a great name. :) Lovebirds are so pretty....

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
LOL LeStatKelly....

A Chiweenie is a cross between a dachsund and a chihuahua... OmG! When I was doing extreme trail riding out in the New Mexico Sevilleta, huge canyons where we canyon jumped, boulder jumped, trails straight up and down, the trail master had a chiweenie... and that was her name...she was tiny and looked like she had some terrier in her too, long like a dachsund and scruffy... she ran with those horses, jumped boulders, stayed out of the horses way, she was amazing! Then, he would put her up on his saddle and he would ride on the saddle with him, that's when I really started falling for small dogs and started wanting a chihuahua bad.... that little dog was tough. But, after reading stuff on this forum, I would never ever let my little Ty do something like that or even step out unsupervised. Right down the street from my house is a tiny tiny black and tan chi named Baby... him and his sibling are out all the time running up and down the street. They are not very socialized... but, these chis are not babied at all, no pun intended.... lol... and, seem to do just fine, but like I said. Not mine. It killed me to have to leave him to go to work today. It's his puppyhood and I want to be with him every minute. Yeah, the designer dog thing is just a gimmick for people to make big bucks. I like a full blood pug and a full blood chi, but that little trail dog chiweenie was pretty darn cool....

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Oh wow, MChis, you show. How cool is that? Well, your darlings are stunning and I bet they'll do fabulous in the show ring, maybe I'll see you on animal planet one day? I'm single and have a half acre, old house, two horses, a pot belly pig, my birds and my two doggies, oh and two bunnies, one inside netherland dwarf, and one outside big red-eye white... So, I totally have my hands full. I guess there might always be room for another chi.....lol! maybe when I retire.... hehe.

· Registered
4,652 Posts
Oh wow, MChis, you show. How cool is that? Well, your darlings are stunning and I bet they'll do fabulous in the show ring, maybe I'll see you on animal planet one day? I'm single and have a half acre, old house, two horses, a pot belly pig, my birds and my two doggies, oh and two bunnies, one inside netherland dwarf, and one outside big red-eye white... So, I totally have my hands full. I guess there might always be room for another chi.....lol! maybe when I retire.... hehe.
You definitely sound busy! But yeah...one more Chi you'll hardly notice a difference. haha I dunno about Animal Planet. LOL Lulu is the only one I show (took me forever to find a show quality pup as I'm sort of in the middle of nowhere!) & we only just started in Oct but so far it's a blast & she did well for her first set of shows (she got reserve winners bitch all 3 days which is basically second in the female LC Chi's which I was super happy with where she was only 7mo & it was her first string of shows).

Anyway, I have always loved all animals & had quite a few farm animals as a kid. Since hubby isn't an animal lover per se...when he fell for the Chi's like I did I sort of ran with it. ;) I'm jealous of your variety of pets--you must have a blast with them all!

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Wow! Taking places in a show, hooray for Lulu! I think I'm with you, and my next Chi I want registered pedigreed and to be very very picky. I lucked out with Ty and I adore my boo-boo who is a pound puppy. But, OMG! Yes! My farm animals are a total blast. The pig, Sweet Pea is literally in love with the horses.. he follows them everywhere and stays right under their feet and they are very careful not to step on him. He jumps up on them and always always always leaves them some of his grain to eat... They all sleep together in the back manger. I have straw down for Sweet Pea to bury himself in and he spends his time finding sticks and building a little fortress so the horses won't pee or poop on his bed... pigs are so darn smart. My white rabbit lives in the pig pen with his best friend the guinea pig. They can come and go as they please, are not contained, can jump out, but prefer to just stay in their cozy little home... white rabbit will run around the property and one time him and the horses all broke into the barn and ate a bale of hay....lol! And, let's not get started on the lovebirds.... hehe, but I want a beauty like Marley for my next Chi.... if I wasn't such a farmgirl and had so many mouths to feed, I would revert back to wanting a Louis Vuitton Sac de chien to carry Tyty in... but, feeding and medical bills for my babies are much more important now... my how life changes..... it's really nice to get to know you Heather. I'm so impressed with you and Loulou. I've never showed my horses or anything. It would be intimidating, but I bet you get to meet a lot of cool people and see really cool chi's. Where I got my little blue netherland dwarf is a breeder who shows rabbits. She loves going to the rabbit shows. The netherlands are the chihuahuas of the rabbit world. They are sooooo adorable with these tiny little ears.... My netherland now is bigger than Tyty....lol!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.