Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to put this in general chat but wanted to make sure it got read.

On sunday afternoon I came home & was unloading some stuff from my jeep I was comming back out of the house just as a cocker spaniel ran in !! I had never seen him before but he appeared friendly & to be somebodys pet so I let him hang out in the front yard with me hoping he would go back home, didnt happen I washed my jeep walked up & down the road with him & nothing. I decided to go back in the house & he decided to come with me I called the radio station to report him found & the next day his owners called me 5 minutes after the broadcast. They came to pick him up & told me I could keep him if I wanted him I told them I would love to have him if he was neutered. THey no longer want him after owning him for 10 years they got a new puppy & kicked him out of the house into the back yard with a dog that beats him up. Later they called to see if I would keep him if they had him neutered {$175.00} of course I said yes he loves it here. Hes going in tomorrow for blood work to see if he can be fixed. It shocked me that after 10 years with a pet anyone could give it away & pay to have it fixed. Any way Im so HAPPY Ive been doing my Im gettin a new doggie dance.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I am very happy for you and glad that you are keeping the poor baby because his previous owners sound like monsters. I wonder what will happen to the new puppy when it is not a puppy anymore :( :evil:

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
How wonderful of you to take it in, and honestly, those people should be shot. I feel horrible for the dog they kicked out, and even worse knowing that in 10 years, their new puppy will face the same fate. It is fortunate that people like you are around, otherwise this dog may have had a sad ending. Bravo Tader's momma =)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Thank goodness he came to your yard when he did. Who knows what would have happened to him. I can't believe there are people who could do that to an animal. Sad that their puppy will more then likely be in his same situation in the years to come.

Post some pics! :)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I think it's so wonderful of you to take him in. :wink: What's his name, or are you going to name him?

·
Registered
106 Posts
unwanted pooch

people like that don't deserve to own any animals ! glad to hear that he will be in a good and loving home..
Beth

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
{{{{{{hugs}}}}} to you for giving this poor baby a whole new life. :cheers: You are my new hero. :)

Those people are too stupid and too mean to live. We all know what's going to happen to that new puppy in about 10 years and it's just plain criminal. :evil:

BTW, what's his name? And, of course, we want pics. :lol:

I am editing this to add that I just realized they had this dog for 10 years and they never bothered to neuter him??? These people totally suck! :angry5:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:shock: :evil: Wow, 10 years and they treated him like dirt..THOSE SCUMBAGS!!! :evil: :shock:

P.S. :wink: Great you're taking him in!

·
Registered
518 Posts
SCREAMMMMMMMMMM
I just want to rip the skin off of the faces of people like that. :angry4: You have GOT to be a monster to have an animal 10 years and dump it. They just simply have to have some kind of attachment disorders.

Thank God he came to your house. I just hope you're still around 10 years from now when they dump the other one.

Ya know.. sorry I'm rambling.. but this makes me NUTS.. :banghead: there are idiots in the world who think animals do not have feelings. Maybe this is those people???

A ten year old dog needs little more than food, water, a comfy corner to lay in, and a pat or two a day. :angryfire:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
:evil: makes me mad too. i see it a lot at my job. we have a cat that is up for adoption, she's 13 years old and the owners got 2 new puppies that were giving the cat a hard time and the cat would scratch and hiss at the puppies. so they bring the cat to us to be put down!

grrrrrr! i hate people like this!

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
All I can say is that at least this poor dog now will have a LOVING home :) ...I cant begin to say what I think of people who do that kind of thing.... :twisted:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
aaaw that poor baby !! i love cocker spaniels ...they are soo sweet and loving dogs ! my aunt had one ...and i loved him to death .
i'm glad you are taking him in ...so he can spend his senior years in a loving home :wink: :wink:

kisses nat

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im so excited today is he day that Jacob { the cocker spaniel} goes to the vet to see if he can be neutered. Im so happy !! Ive missed him so much in the past day or so Im going to take him even if he cant be neutered but I didnt tell them that yet I liked that they were willing to have him fixed for me I dont exactly have that kind of money just laying around. Any way they are going to call me when they find out what is going on with him. I really hope he comes to live with me he is the nicest dog Ive ever met. Im also glad to see that I am being rewarded for my good deed. YAEH ME !!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I sincerely hope for the sake of the dog, they did not decide to keep him. How can you have a pet for 10 years, and then basically just throw it away like so much trash?!!

Cocker Spaniels are great dogs - my oldest grand-daughter had one when she was younger. They found it on the side of the highway, ran an ad and no one claimed him. They named him Bingo, and he was just a great dog. So sweet and good natured.

I'll never cease to be amazed at the actions of some people. :evil:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I grew up with a cocker spaniel named Sam, the sweetest and most loving dog imaginable. One night not too long ago I dreamed that Sammy and I were sitting together on the floor. He scooted toward me, lifted his head and nestled it between my neck and shoulder. I woke up missing him so much I cried. He's been gone more than 35 years but I'll always love that curly headed little boy. :)

How anyone could toss aside a dog as if he were yesterday's garbage, I will never in my life understand. :cry:

·
Registered
795 Posts
You should call them, ya still got the number? Call 'em up girl, get your dog he'd be better off with you for sure!
*Tiff

1 - 20 of 20 Posts