Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a question answered

My aunts cat is MAYBE pregnant tonight she has been leaking greenish yellow discharge could this mean the the kittens have died? Because she dose not feel any of the kittens moving but if she is not pregnant then what could it be? I told her to take her to the vet...

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Take her to vet immediately, if she IS pregnant, it is likey the kittens are dead and maybe resorbing. If she is NOT pregnant, pyometra is likely, and life threatening. This may be a stupid question, but is the discharge coming from the vulva, or the anus, and is she in pain, lethargic, or seem to show signs of systemic infection (redness on abdomen, swelling, painful joints).

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only know what My aunt is telling me she said she hacking like she has a hairball and it just gushes out of her and yes its coming from her Valva. She is on her way to the vet now I told her as soon as I posted this...I couldn't wait for replys so I told her to go go go go...

·
Registered
677 Posts
Oh my goodness!! I will definitely be praying for her to get well. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I talked to my aunt this morning her cats babies were dead inside her she had to have a c-section to remove the kittens and clean her out. She will be getting spayed so this never happens again. Poor little girl :(

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
awww, poor kitties. I am glad your aunts cat will be ok. Sounds like the cat's got a couple tough weeks ahead of her. Poor thing :(

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE

My aunts vet just called there was 4 kittens still alive!!
There was alot of infection and the kittens are weak and momma is not wanting to care for them but other then that momma cat is doing well. The kittens are nursing but still seem so weak.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts