Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all who offered such encouragement.

I called the breeder twice today and did not hear back. Just went out and checked her website and today she is marked as sold and home with Haley (that is not us) so, we will not be getting Hope's sister-for now. Sure hope they do breed her parents again after letting mama rest a few cycles.

I was not even thinking of a second for now but I have to say that I am more disappointed than I thought I would be now that I got excited and now know that she will not be ours. I am not a crier but may a bit tonight. I was planning, washing blankets and "nesting".

I believe things happen for a reason so will be fine. Our girl is just perfect (still battling some tummy trouble occasionally, darn it) and we love her beyond words. For now, she is all we need!

Thank you all again very much!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Awwww, I am sorry hun, I'm sure that is a big let down. Just remember everything happens for a reason.

If Hope is having tummy troubles, I would give a whole hearted recommendation for The Honest Kitchen Embark food, it 100% solved our issues with our littlest guy.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awwww, I am sorry hun, I'm sure that is a big let down. Just remember everything happens for a reason.

If Hope is having tummy troubles, I would give a whole hearted recommendation for The Honest Kitchen Embark food, it 100% solved our issues with our littlest guy.
Thanks! You know what? I had a cart full on stuff online to add the new one to our lives. I'll order Hope THK and that will help soothe my nesting/shopping fix!

While at the breeders yesterday she joined the others in the bowl of the food that did not agree with her (before I could grab her and stop her) so today we have some looser stools-again. We were doing so much better!

I will add the THK in to her Orijen.

Thanks!!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I am sorry, things will work out, I hope.... (((HUGS))))

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aw I'm very sorry, hun. I know that must have been a disappointment for you. :( You will be fine though, like you said. Hope is a real sweetie pie. :)

I wholeheartedly agree with THK Embark recommendation for Hope. My Pip had a lot of sensitive stomach issues and that was the only food he had no issues on. Specifically the Embark for him, he does not do as well on the Force formula, and most of their other formulas have grains which he also doesn't do well on. His stomach was better almost right away on it, but it took awhile (over a month) for his itches to stop, but he never itches now. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Aww, I'm very sorry to hear plans fell through. :( Like you said though, there is always the next time.

Wishing little Hope feels better soon! :daisy:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
What a disappointment! Im sorry, that stinks. Although I must have missed a thread or post somewhere because I thought you had decided not to get her? Sounds like your puppy is in a future litter after all. Just spoil Hope to satisfy that shopping urge ;)

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I think you are right. Things happen for a reason. And things usually have a way of working out. I think, if I were you, I would go ahead and contact the breeder anyway. Just in case the sisters new home does not work out. then the breeder will know you were interested. I know Hope has a wonderful family and you will be togther for many many years. I sometimes think Quigley needs a play mate. I look constantly at puppies. I can't help it.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
How disappointing everything happens for a reason and you will get the right baby for you soon!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
That's so disappointing, and I can definitely understand how upsetting that would be! We were supposed to get a puppy from a repeat breeding of Rylie's mom, and all of the puppies died in their first week of life. Rylie's mom was spayed because of a c-section, as well. :(

I hope that you'll be able to get one of Hope's future brother or sisters! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts