Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sooo not happy with my paw print tattoo , the guy did a BAD job on it:foxes15:

When i got it was looking all nice now that it's healing it's ugly! There are many parts that aren't filled in lines that aren't done and it's too light well dull i should say.

I'm not in front of my camrea but once i go down stairs i'll take a photo

So my question is do i have a right to go back, and ask them to re fill in the color and the lines? I have to wait till 3pm when they open to call and find out .

I know there are alot of people that have tattoos and some do tats so what are my rights?

I have 6 tattoos so i know how to care for them so that's not the case with this one

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
A member of my family does them and I'm sure he'd be happy to make good one that someone wasn't happy with. You must have consumer rights, if you paid for it, which I guess you did :)

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Any good tattoo artist will know a good job versus a bad job. Go in sweet as pie and talk with them about it and I'm sure they will fix it. You have to be happy with it. It's not like it's something you can change. Plus they are expensive and painful. Good luck hon.

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
yes i did pay for it ,

Then you have evry right to a good piece of art.

Good advice from Robin, chill, take a deep breath and calmly explain why you are unhappy. If no luck, take it further.

They may well happily correct what you feel is thier mistake :)

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
i am not sure if he can do anything with it till it totally heals. my b-i-l is a tattoo artist and does beautiful work, he did all of my husbands 5. it may not be the artist, but the ink doesnt want to work with your skin....out of hubbys 5 one looks 'naked' all the color faded out of it. hubby is a procrastinator and hasnt yed got it filled back in. but bri does beautiful work and did a great job, the ink he used on that one just didnt stay on hubbys skin. worked just fine on other people's tats.
anyhow, rcj is right, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. they can't help but stick around (whether they want or not)

edit-sorry, i thought you just said fading color, i agree, if lines arent done and stuff he needs to go back and complete his work. maybe, if it looked good when it was done that was what he saw too? until people prove me wrong a couple times, i usually assume they didnt know and give the benefit of the doubt, but you were there, i wasnt so, you would know if it was a mistake or not

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here's whay it looked liek when i got it done

and here's today

it dosen't show up in the pic but there are spots where my skin is "blank"(no color)
i'm not going to be nasty about it , unless they try not to work with me . I'm sure they might not want to do anything till it's fully healed. It still has the scaby part on the "finger" parts and the heart is free of scaby skin

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Yes just go in and they should be happy to work on it for you. My daughter got a tat on the top of her foot and she went back 2 or 3 times over several weeks to get it touched up. The artist never charged her and told her to come back anytime for free touchups. It looks GREAT. So I'd just go back and they should redo parts of it that are faded and make the lines more clear. :)

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i hope so he WAS very nice, and spoke to me about chihuahuas and dogs while i got it done and i've been there many times so i'm hoping and thinking i shouldn't have an issue.

LOL i just have to wait till 3pm when ever that comes! lol

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
The guy that did Courtney's tattoo acted like it was kind of "normal" to have to go back a couple times for touch ups. Like no big deal! So I think they will be really nice about it. Think about it... they want it to look great too! Because it is advertising for them! They don't want someone unhappy with their tattoo, knowing they will tell everyone where they got it done. They want people to love it so they will send them some business and referrals! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have 13 tats.. In my experience some inks just dont like to stay in some peoples skins although this doesn't happen alot. It does happen. Your artist should be happy to touch up a new tattoo that he/she has done. This is like a walking billboard of their art so if he is a good artist he won't want that kinda work out there for people to see. As far as the lines.. He for sure needs to fix that.. any broken lines are a result of him. 3 of my tats I had to go back in for touch ups and was never charged a dime so I would call the person who did it and tell him it needs a major touch up and I think if they are respectable they will schedule it and do it for free!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Oh I just saw your tat.. It is in a place that moves and flexes alot as well which can cause color to push out on a new tat (anytime you move your thumb that area is gonna move) and your artist should know that so any touch ups should seriously be on him!

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh I just saw your tat.. It is in a place that moves and flexes alot as well which can cause color to push out on a new tat (anytime you move your thumb that area is gonna move) and your artist should know that so any touch ups should seriously be on him!

wow i didn't know that! you learn something everyday
I did learn what colors go great with my skin, when i got my capricorn tattoo the guy talked to me for like a good hour telling me what colours would go good with my skin color along with everyone else in the shop lol

he said reds,blues greens,organe,yellow ,pink ,purples and black so i do try to stay with in them colors.

----edited

I did speak with him today and he said he was sorry and also talked about how it was a bad place, and he'd be happy to touch up i have to wait 2 weeks :( to finish healing
i also let him know that he should have told me that it would have to come back becuase i wouldn't be so upset, i did let him know i was upset but was mad.

thanks for the feedback and tips!!!:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts