Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tico keeps "tackling" the cat and will try to lay across her back with his front legs around her neck and either bite her ears or back of her neck to try and hold her there. Of course the cat is not thinking this is her way to spend the afternoon! Is this an early sign of getting close to sexual maturity?

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I think he is trying to assert his dominance. He's showing the cat (or thinks he is) that he is the boss.
Watch them though. At some point the kitty might decide it wants to be the boss and if it still has it's claws, your pup could get hurt.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ms_P said:
I think he is trying to assert his dominance. He's showing the cat (or thinks he is) that he is the boss.
Watch them though. At some point the kitty might decide it wants to be the boss and if it still has it's claws, your pup could get hurt.
the cat is de-clawed - so she will thump him on the nose with her paw. Tico knows it's coming and just closes his eyes and braces for it - but doesn't stop bugging her.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
definatly play dominance, puppies will wrestle with their littermates like this to establish whos in charge, and that would be the one that ends up on top...
dont worry this is normal puppy behaviour. if the cat gets realy sick of it hell find away to avoid the pup.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I think everyone's right... it sounds a lot like dominance play. I got goosebumps when I read your post though... just thinking what would happen if Cooper did that to OmaKitty. :twisted:

I'd be picking up Cooper-parts for months.

·
Registered
615 Posts
LOL Cooper!!!

I hate to admit that my little girl Amber is quite the humper! She likes to hump Keera who jst chews on her. Amber also enjoyed humping my boyfriend's arm!

However. this just sounds like a play dominance thing. None of my dogs do exactly what you described but my ferrets do and they proceed to drag the other ferret around too!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and I told Babe (the cat) to put Tico in his place when he first came home... and she didn't start listening until a couple weeks ago... (and then it was only probably because she saw what OmaKitty was doing to poor Cooper!)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
goldie said:
and I told Babe (the cat) to put Tico in his place when he first came home... and she didn't start listening until a couple weeks ago... (and then it was only probably because she saw what OmaKitty was doing to poor Cooper!)
LOL well, I'll be sure not to tell stories of the pre-Cooper days and what OmaKitty did to ME.

That reminds me... I never did get her back for puncturing my waterbed on New Years Eve. I fell in, drunk off my tookus, and thought I'd peed myself all night long. I could have drowned!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts