Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
ROCK OUT!!!!! I love the mohawk head pieces sooo cute : )

·
Banned
51 Posts
Sorry to be a wet blanket but why would anyone do that? Ok, perhaps for a bit of fun for a party but even then only if the dog doesn't mind and these poor Chi's don't look happy about it at all :(

Please tell me they were left alone outside while their owner went into a shop?

Edited to add: I meant "weren't let alone outside" not were haha I'd never want a dog to be left outside!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Dunno if they were left outside but if they were --> Never leave your chi outside a shop as Chihuahuas get stolen SO OFTEN!! Just search the forum for "stolen" you'll see how much!!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I can't tell from the pictures if they love it or hate it. But mine would have clawed it off if they hated it. So I would guess they don't mind too much. :)
Anyway, I think it's hilarious. :)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I don't think they'd sit around posing if they hated it.

Clothes aren't #1 on any chi's priority list really, but those seem well behaved. Mine thrown tantrums if they don't want to wear something.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I don't get why people are so bent out of shape over this???? Have you never dressed your chihuahua up in clothing? Ninja hates wearing clothes but will pose for pictures when I dress him up for Xmas and Halloween or even just for fun. Clothing is not torture for a dog If people seriously believe that I honestly think they own the wrong breed.

I thought it was hilarious

·
Banned
51 Posts
I don't get why people are so bent out of shape over this???? Have you never dressed your chihuahua up in clothing? Ninja hates wearing clothes but will pose for pictures when I dress him up for Xmas and Halloween or even just for fun. Clothing is not torture for a dog If people seriously believe that I honestly think they own the wrong breed.

I thought it was hilarious
Umm not sure who you're saying is "bent out of shape about this"?

As I said in my post, I think that for a fancy dress party or whatever yes its fine but even then only if the dog likes it. These dogs do not look happy about it ;)

Also your comment about people owning the wrong breed, hahaha yes because small dogs were bred to be dressed up, right? :roll:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hm...Dont think those dogs look all that happy about it. I wonder if they can even move properly? Sure they look cute, put a smile on your face but still...i just have a very difficult time understanding why some people want to put their dogs in costume. For a haloween party or the like sure if the dog don't mind it. Sure, when it is cold outside i put a pullower on my chi, but not for the attention it will bring but because i dont want him to get sick. I can accept a cute "dress" or cool west or something but this is over the top if you ask me. In general i think this is a sad seight and I also beleive it is this kind of behaviour that gives chi's and chi-owners a bad reputation of being..."silly" to put it mildly. I mean, one of the first questions i got when bringing Locco to the office was "You're not gonna dress him up in costumes are you??" followed ba a look pretty much saying "you are an air head if you do".

Gosh i feel like i am complaining a lot. Bet you by x-mas or haloween all of a sudden i post a pic of my two little once all dolled up in god knows what :)

·
Banned
51 Posts
Hm...Dont think those dogs look all that happy about it. I wonder if they can even move properly? Sure they look cute, put a smile on your face but still...i just have a very difficult time understanding why some people want to put their dogs in costume. For a haloween party or the like sure if the dog don't mind it. Sure, when it is cold outside i put a pullower on my chi, but not for the attention it will bring but because i dont want him to get sick. I can accept a cute "dress" or cool west or something but this is over the top if you ask me. In general i think this is a sad seight and I also beleive it is this kind of behaviour that gives chi's and chi-owners a bad reputation of being..."silly" to put it mildly. I mean, one of the first questions i got when bringing Locco to the office was "You're not gonna dress him up in costumes are you??" followed ba a look pretty much saying "you are an air head if you do".

Gosh i feel like i am complaining a lot. Bet you by x-mas or haloween all of a sudden i post a pic of my two little once all dolled up in god knows what :)

Totally agree with you there. Its sad but true that most of us are branded silly or air-headed because we own a Chihuahua. I hate that our gorgeous breed is not taken seriously!

·
Registered
644 Posts
i think they all look adorable.

as for dressing up a chihuahua, it's all down to the dog.
if they're happy about it, why not? :)

for example, two of my three dogs love wearing clothes and one hates it.
so i dress them accordingly and appropriately.
Stottie will run to me when he sees me pick up his jumpers or tees and will jump around with excitement till i dress him.
and as far as my girl Atticus is concerned, the prettier and frillier and outfit is, the more she likes it. once dressed, she will strut around like a model.
Diefie, is the confirmed nudist who has a double coat so he doesn't feel the cold as much as the other two. come winter even he is happy to have a jumper or coat on to go out.

just my tuppence :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sure, if the dogs is happy it's ok. I guess i am just more of a "let dogs be dogs and don't give them human charachteristcs" kind of a girl. Not saying it is wrong, i just dont understand it and i do beleive it is many times the dressing up the dogs in "costume" that makes people frone upon Chihuahuas as well as their owners. I totally admit, i have a sweather for my Chi as well and i am working on knitting him a few for the comming winter. But again, they have a purpose, to keep him warm. There are a lot more dog clothes for small breeds such as Chi's than you ever see for larger dogs (even though it do excist) and i can't help but wonder if that is not owed to the fact that we tend to put human values and charachteristics in to our dogs, which very easily turns a small breed like a Chi in to a baby or a toddler, hence all the frills. It's a Billion dollar buiseness. As long as no harm is done to the dog and as long as the dog is happy there is nothing wrong with it but i can't help but to think that the dressing up shown in the photos in this post is taking it too far. It is done to please the humans and not the dog. Thta is the difference.

But it is a good thing we are all different. WOudl be a boring world if everyone was thinking the same :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts