Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a member for a longtime but haven't signed on since 2008, when my computer died. Thanks to finances it took awahile to get another one.

My name is Ann and I have two Chihuahuas, Sara and Abby

Sara aka Doodles, is a white applehead shorthaired with brown ears and a brown spot above her tail. She is EXTREMELY spoiled. She was sweet and out going when young but as she's gotten older she's become more aggressive and a biter, so I can no longer take her into town with me.

Abby aka Stomach since she's never seen anything she wouldn't eat, is a longhair black tricolor. She's a good cross between apple and deer head. Her head is a little to round to be called deer head and her muzzle is a little to long to be called apple head. She's really sweet and has never even attempted to bite anyone. And I've only seen her growl once when cornered by an out of control 4 year old (can't say I blame her). She's very timid and I'm working long and hard to have her overcome this. She pees if a stranger tries to pet her. She also hate to walk on a leash. When I'm walking her she refuses to move. If my husband walks her she moves real slow and timidly but freezes if she sees a stranger.

Sara traveled the country with me when I was a truck driver and did great traveling the US. Her only problem is she refuses to have anything to do with snow, but it's ok because she's also puppy pad trained.

Abby has only been on two long trips. The first time when I brought her from Georgia to North Carolina (I went to Georgia to visit my mom and went to her groomers with her. Her groomer a chi puppies and I feel in love at first sight so I paid money to reserve her (although she was free except for shot costs) and went back to pick her up when ready. She did great.

The second time was this past Christmas when we went to Georgia to visit my family for a week. She was great in the car and did good potting on pee breaks. She was very timid around my family but warmed up to my mom. Then one the way home Christmas day some one hit my car totaling it. The tow truck wouldn't let the chi's in the truck so we put them in their crates in the back seat. Snuggled them up in their blankets and covered them with a sleeping bag and got the car as hot as we could before the tow truck loaded our car. I fear they would be scared or freeze. After all we had to be towed 180 miles home. They did great. When we got home they were all snuggled up, alseep and warm and had fogged up the windows.

They will be going on another long trip the October. My husband and I are going on vacation and taking them. We are going to the beach and chose a hotel one mile from the beach so that we could take them too. We've only been one one other vacation and couldn't take Sara since they didn't allow dogs, but we see our dogs as our kids so they are going this time.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Welcome back, I hope you enjoy your stay. So many knowledgeable dog lovers here, I love this place. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts