Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Hershey just go her shots today the second time with me and she yelps and cries when I pick her up a certain way. I was just curious if this is from her back being sore or if it is just from a bad experience of being poked with a needle.
The nurse was man handling poor little Hershey and trying to shove her to lay down on the table. The vet, he is so sweet, saw the tarrified look in my face and said "I'll hold her and calm her down then the nurse can give her the shot." She did much better from last time with the vet craddeling her like a beby. But she still crys. I was just wondering if your chis do this too after shots.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i've read a lot of posts where the chi is acting the same way as you describe after getting shots. chiwi doesn't do it, she jsut gets a little more sleepy (ha like that was possible with her lazy butt) and this last shot she got the bump leftover from the needle and if i touch it she turns to look at my finger so i think it is a little sore.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
xx-nathalie-xx said:
it depends from dog to dog ......viper screamed two days after his shots .
paris and cosmo didn't give a kick :?

kisses nat
Oh god shots!! I have to go again in less than 2 weeks...my vet takes Gizmo to another room so I don't freak out, but I am such a wimp I end up crying when I hear him yelp...LOL...

If I ever have a child I will be the whimpiest mum...

But he also had a bump after....and for the rest of the day he was kinda sleepy.

·
Registered
530 Posts
That's horrible that they were shoving Hershey around like that. It is much better to make it a positive experience so she isn't scared to go to the vet. My vet always gave Charlie treats, the really good expensive dried liver ones, he'd be so busy munching away he never even noticed the prick. In fact his tail was wagging while they gave him the shot. He was a little sore for the rest of the day but I guess we were lucky. I know when you get a shot in your arm if your muscle is really relaxed it hurts much less than if you're tense. Maybe she was tense when she got the shot, that might make it hurt more.
I hope she feels better soon! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.