Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past two days, Domo (yorkie) has been licking his left paw constantly, particularly around his dew claw. I've inspected it, it all looks normal, but I'm concerned because he's only licking that one paw. I don't see any redness, swelling, ticks, etc. The nails were just trimmed.

He went to a new groomer last week and has been acting a little weird since. I thought maybe the shampoo bothered him but his skin looks fine. I gave him a bath with his regular shampoo last night just in case.

:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea that could be it. I was thinking maybe he got an ant bite but that makes more sense. How could I treat it just in case? I want to be cautious but not overly cautious.

and yes, one thing after another. I feel like I've been living at the vets office with both of them. We get so stressed out when something isn't right with them :(

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes could be :( ...he's def been more skittish since we took him there. Don't think we'll be going back.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Poor guy! One time I accidentally cut Odie's quick and I was able to see it when it was healing. You might be able to tell if you look at the end of the nail. Poor guy!

Not sure what you could do for a tiny cut other than polysporin type stuff or manuka honey or something to prevent infection. Probably would just need to heal on its own if it's that small.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea Domo's are all black..and...haha she didn't speak English and I don't speak Japanese so that could be it, assuming she did nip his quick. i'm going to keep and eye on it for a few days.
Thank you for chiming in.

On a happier note, Miya decided to use her pee pad again finally!!! & boy was she proud of herself too.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I was thinking the same thing as Zorana. She is probably licking it because it hurts. Poor baby! And poor you! Hopefully things will settle down soon!

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's been 7 days since he was at the groomer's and he is still going to town on that left paw, dew claw area. Could it still be bothering him if maybe she nicked his paw or claw too short??? I'm worried.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
You could try dipping it in a mixture of water and vinegar. 1 quart tap water with 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar. He won't hurt if he still licks. This should help to stop the licking and heal whatever's bothering him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts