Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I need help, i have two chihuahuas one smooth coat and the other a short coat. They are house dogs and at the moment their coats are shedding a lot of hair and i had read on here that people have been using Nupro as a supplement to stop the shedding or lessen it.

But there is a slight problem because i can't find a website that will ship to Australia. I tried Amazon and they have all the products that i would like to buy but don't ship to Australia.

Does anyone know a site where i can get this for my dogs or can anyone suggest another product to use on their coats. I have been looking into Grizzly Salmon Oil to stop the itching and scratching that they do...

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I saw it mentioned on one website that Nupro helped with dogs blowing their coats but it was not on their official website, and I have not been able to find the site I saw that on again. I do use Nupro and have since June, but I have found that Ziwi Peak, which is dog food, is what all but stops Lulu's shedding. I started Lulu on ZP in March and after about a month to a month and a half she was not shedding. I stopped ZP due to weight gain. I was not pleased with so many other affects of the food I switched her to--one being massive shedding--that I put her back on ZP but cut the amount I fed and started walking her every day. She has all but stopped shedding again. I know you can get ZP in Australia because there are several members on here that live in Australia and also feed ZP. It may seem expensive, but the amount you feed and the benefits to your dogs make it well worth it.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Toby is a short coat and he blew his coat at the beginning of summer- even though I was supplementing with Nupro. Since he has been on Ziwipeak, I have not found ONE SINGLE LOOSE HAIR. The only time hair comes off is when I brush him, it is fabulous. What food do you currently feed (that is usually the reason for excessive shedding).

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've got to agree that food makes a big difference. I used to use Nupro but I no longer due at the moment. It's a bit high in calories and I need to get my dog to lose a pound.

Onyx is raw fed and she hardly ever sheds. Even when I give her a bath hardly any fur comes off and that's usually when most of it comes off. She used to shed tremendously when on kibble. I also use a human fish oil soft gel twice a week. Fish oil has high omega 3 which contributes to healthy skin and coat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts