Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
littlehead LOL...i dont believe in these.

first off this lady looks scary as hell

2nd...you dont need those nonsense food plans already in a box to get you going. you just need motivation. so many of my customers at work have nutritionists and i shake my head at them because they are paying money to people that just tell them and keep track of what their eating...you CAN do this yourself. just get the basic knowledge of what a balanced meal is.

1. you eat NOT until your full...but by chewing on your food bit by bit not convulsively stuffing it in your face in large amounts.
2. you take your time eating...the slower you eat the more full you'll feel.
3. it takes about 20 mins for your brain to realize that your full
4. exercise of course
5. eat greens and fruits in your daily routine
6. fresh squeezed juices are the best for drinks instead of soda
7. u can eat meats and chicken but not in large amounts
8 on your plate should be a larger % of vegies than of the actual meal

if you do this...you will SUCCEED!

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Pidge... it sounds easy when you put it all down like that, but those of us who fight the battle of the bulge, are doing so because were are not accustomed to portion control and probably are overwhelmed to start. :)

If I could afford Nutrisystem, I would try it, but it is very expensive.

I think a better alternative is Weight Watchers. I've seen some incredible results through them.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
lin u butt! lol ;) if you care about your health and well being enough...youll fight it. those weight watchers and such are like a drug....once you startputting in your money you wont be able to stop. why? because youll rely on them to do everything for you. they become your source of losing the weight. and what happens when something big happens and you wont be able to pay for it?...youll start eating again :eek: this one lady customer of mine had a nutritionist that told her to only eat salad...salad...salad....come on. how healthy is that? thats no nutrition at all. i think she gave up ....i dont see her coming in lmao!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I agree with Lin....if you're going to pay for a weightloss program, I would definately opt for Weight Watchers over Nutrisystem. While I'm sure many people lose weight on Nutrisystem, it doesn't teach you how to eat healthy & how keep the weight off for the rest of your life the way Weight Watchers does, because the meals are all prepared for you.

Having lost 90lbs on Weight Watchers myself (& kept it off), I recommend it to everyone who is looking to lose weight.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sheep, I really appreciate your tips :love2:
However, I agree with everything Lin said. That's the reason the very slight thought of Nutrisystem passed through my mind. I don't have enough self-control when it comes to food portioning. The past year I have been paying the price everytime I overeat, by getting indigestion and minor chest pains.

You all are right about the price..it is expensive. Its also sort of confusing...
they have a basic plan, which for those who just want to lose 10 lbs or less, have to pay $388 and those who want to lose more than that can do the "auto ship" deal which is $300 a month.

The next plan is the Silver plan which has more food options, but apparently it's for people over 65??

$300 wouldn't exactly put me in a tight spot, since Im fortunate enough to live with my parents so I have maybe...2-3 bills that I pay, but at the same time I only make $900 a month and I like knowing I can buy myself something whenever I want to.

Alie, thanks for your input as well. Good job on the 90 lbs!!
I'll look into WW

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Oh wow 90 lbs is an awesome amount to lose.

LOL @ Pidge... a butt??? Whew, I've been called worse. roflmao

Actually, I consulted with my doctor and did take 20 lbs off and am holding. (I did that because of my cholesterol) But I need to lose a lot more. I'm hoping all my new activity will help. I sure am not sedentary anymore.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
To answer your orginal question I tried Nutrisystems for two weeks and it was HORRIBLE. Everything in the dinner portions tastes the same, and the rest of it is just not at all good with that being said, I completely agree with Pidge watch your portions, move your body, and try to eat unprocessed food.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Adjusting to portion control is only difficult the first couple of weeks as you do feel hungry at first....but after awhile, your body just learns to adjust to eating less. Also its really about WHAT you eat too. You need to learn to eat the right foods, foods that make you feel full and that are also good for you. And execise is also a huge part of losing weight.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
You are right Kobi. That's why I tried the grain thing... and you do get full and stay full. Another thing that helped me was to keep the weight watchers or some other low cal soup fixed all the time. And water, lots and lots of water.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Adjusting to portion control is only difficult the first couple of weeks as you do feel hungry at first....but after awhile, your body just learns to adjust to eating less. Also its really about WHAT you eat too. You need to learn to eat the right foods, foods that make you feel full and that are also good for you. And execise is also a huge part of losing weight.
VERY TRUE.
i used to be known as the girl who can eat 14 white castle burgers but then i decided to go on a diet...so after that salad/chicken/tuna/healthy beef diet..oh and sushi...oh man did i lose my appetite. i can only eat 1 homemade burger and a few fries and some chips now...boy did my stomach bag get smaller...sometimes im really really upset about this happening as i LOVE eating a lot when i'm out with my bf but i guess its for the best since i'm getting older ...need to control it more so i dont get high cholesterol like my dad.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What would you all suggest: starting gradually? Or completely cutting yourself off from everything? I never like to say I'm going on a diet because then something triggers in my head and I suddenly feel pressure and end up failing.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
What would you all suggest: starting gradually? Or completely cutting yourself off from everything? I never like to say I'm going on a diet because then something triggers in my head and I suddenly feel pressure and end up failing.
completely cutting off is DANGEROUS. never do that. for your emotional and taste needs too ;) u start off gradual. why do u think the japanese are skinny mostly?....because they eat in small portions ;)

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
You have to change the way you eat from the start to reflect a difference. You learn to "eat to live" not "live to eat" and that's what Pidge was saying. Did you decide against weight watchers? They teach you how to make those changes, in what you eat, the amount you eat and give you the recipe's to do it. They even have an online program, but I think compelling yourself to go to the meetings would probably be very encouraging for you.

There are more aspects of healthy eating than just amount. Some of my sisters WW meals have been a millions times more tasty than anything I fix. lol

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
so all i had to say were those couple of words....darn! coulda saved me the trouble hahaha. thanks lin ;) yes ! u got it
Oh c'mon admit! You just like to here yerself talk. :D

Knowing as much as I do about healthy eating, I shouldn't be over weight. Ahhhhh, but the discipline, that's the killer for me. Phil likes all the fattening stuff and goodies, but stays reed thin. If I just look at them I gain 5 lbs. :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts