Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have been reading alot of post and most of them lean toward the Nutro brand for chi pups? I went to PetsMart today and bought the Nutro Max Puppy for all breeds sizes? I had been reading chicken & rice and this has chicken, lamb & rice with no chicken or other by products. There were 2 more puppy choices Nutro Natural Choice Lamb & Rice and the new Nutro Ultra puppy that has brown rice, chicken, lamb & Salmon this is supposed to be there best yet and helps with digestion, breath, coats, etc... It also has 30 proetien and I have read that you need to stay away from the high proteins?? All Nutros are 26% or more so I guess my question is about the protein and about which Nutro puppy is the best??? :?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nutro max puppy food??

I am in the US NC to be exact and the only Nutros i have run accross is the natural choice, max and Ultra.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Yoshismom said:
I have read that you need to stay away from the high proteins??
Have you been told why you need to stay away from high proteins :?:
( just interested to know what the reason is ? ) I know that it is important to have good quality proteins :)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
High protens?

I have read some posts on some other boards and also on a site I saw said something about the higher the protein the faster they grew and it could be bad for there little bones & joints just like the larger breeds. I have two great danes and I know that high protein is the biggest no no when it comes to there puppy foods so I guess it made me a little leary about the chi food??

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I know giant breeds of dogs need lower protein as they take ages to grow ( like 2 years ) I think tiny breeds need higher protein as they grow so fast , I think that is why tiny breed dog foods are higher in protein ..

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I was feeding Nutro Natural Choice puppy when I first got him because thats what his breeder told me he was eating. After a while he got tired of it so I started feeding him the Nutro Max puppy (chicken flavored) and he ate that up until he turned a year old (then went on a new adult food) I had a great experience with that food...his coat was soft and shiny and he really seemed to like it.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Chico's Mama said:
I was feeding Nutro Natural Choice puppy when I first got him because thats what his breeder told me he was eating. After a while he got tired of it so I started feeding him the Nutro Max puppy (chicken flavored) and he ate that up until he turned a year old (then went on a new adult food) I had a great experience with that food...his coat was soft and shiny and he really seemed to like it.

So do I!! And I promote it on my website!! The natural choice puppy has no WHEAT!! Which most all dog foods do! Plus the donate to the ASPCA :wink:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
KJsChihuahuas said:
Chico's Mama said:

So do I!! And I promote it on my website!! The natural choice puppy has no WHEAT!! Which most all dog foods do! Plus the donate to the ASPCA :wink:
i just looked at your site and i saw the teeny tiny babies from the "nursery" section, and they are soooooo cute!! it's hard to believe that my Chico was that small at one time. i told my hubby that there's puppies born to dogs that are as big as chico is full grown! its amazing that dogs born that small have so much spunk and personality.

·
Registered
33 Posts
so far, the nutro ultra is doing real good for mina. i like it better than the natural choice. i think the ultra just has some extra supplements in it that's good for the coat and over all health.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.