Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from NYC ! I am new to this forum but not new to Chihhuahuas. As a man I never thought that I would be a Chuhuahua owner however I now know that you can't always choose who you love. My Chihuahua "Poochino" was born in my mustang 4yrs ago in Brooklyn NY while I was taking a friend to the animal hospital with Poochino's mom. He has been my son ever since. To this day he believes that he is my natural born child, (and I guess so do I) - LOL. He has keep me company and given me support through some tough times. Because of the bond I have with Poochino I love making YouTube videos of him and posting pics of him on Instagram, (HazardSports for both). I'm no spammer - just a proud parent. I first got interested in the forums when I found out that Poochino had patellar luxation. Not to long after we had a great day in the park it started. Now he can't run very long without it bothering him for days. We can take walks with no problem and short burst of running in the house is ok but any more than that is too much for him. We are trying to stay away from surgery. Then soon after that he started having seizures - which (thank God) is now controlled by medication. The complications of both compound as he can't be over active because of his knee causing weight gain and seizure medication also causes him to gain weight. He did gain some weight but still looks great. But, for health issues I don't want him to gain any more. But, I also don't want to feel like I'm starving him.

I am now (finally) on this forum to both: 1) continue education myself on what I can do to keep him healthy and happy; and 2) share with others how this little guy has become a huge part of my life !

If anyone has any advise for on how to care for some of his ailments please feel free to reply with comments or links to threads.

Thanks for reading about me and Poochino and I look forward to reading about you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
What a story! Welcome to you & your beautiful Poochino!
You really do sound like a great papa for your boy.
I looked at the three pictures in your album, the one
with the two of you just melted my heart, you guys
are seriously really cute! I can see the love.

It's nice to have you here, I hope you enjoy your stay. :)

Reactions: HazardSports

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
This video is awesome! SO fun! :thumbright: You are good with the camera, and the editing is great. I was entertained, thank you!

Reactions: HazardSports

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
awwww what a cutie!!!! :D just saw some of the vids. lmao while i was playin the "bark on command" vid...KC came in with her little bear plush in her mouth just starin at me and then ran off :lol: looks like u and my bf have things in common lol. we had the go pro hero before but he had to return it due to some defect where it wouldnt turn on @[email protected] hes also trying hard to become a film director too so we also used a steady thingamabob too but not on an iphone. we currently have the panasonic gh2
i really loved the underwater vid! so amazin what u can find down there :]

here's one of my fav vids he made with the nikon d90 before

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome you have a really nice story. I'm a newbie as well, have actually been on the forum since this past summer but just got brave enough to post. Your pup looks a lot like our Bella. He is gorgeous, and you sound like a great dad!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
~LS~: Thank you for the warm welcome as well as the compliments. I have had many "pets" before and have always gotten attached. But, with Poochino it is more of a relationship. He is more human to me than some people I know. He is a good boy too ! Very smart and very interactive. He doesn't just go off and sit by himself in the corner, (only occasionally). Most times he wants to be leaning against my leg, on my lap, or 2 feet away from me. I like that ! I'm glad my goofy video with him in the Park entertained you. Just having fun, (before the Patellar Luxation).

PigeonSheep: Thank for watching my videos, (more to come). I liked your video too !. My favorite parts were the eye-level clips and the clips that show how controlled KC was around other dogs, (and looking to you for direction). But, of course who doesn't love the "rocky" scene of the puppy running up the stairs with you ! All cool stuff !

Abrunk: Thank you too ! I feel "lucky" and "blessed" at the same time. Everything about this little guy and how he came into my life is special to me. A pleasant change from my typical "luck". And by the looks of the welcome I received I would say that "bravery" is not a requirement for posting on this site ! I'm sure we'd all love to hear from you, (I know I would). Both of us "Newbies" appear to be in friendly territory.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Aww of course, how can you not be in "friendly territory"...you came here kindly,
politely, with a beautiful Chi and entertainment for all! It's all great stuff! :)

Enjoy your stay and don't be shy to post your pictures & videos, they are really great.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
it was Dexter in the video! hehehehe but its ok u dont know my pups that long :) KC is the wild one hehehe :) and yes the rocky scene, he loves to climb stairs when were on walks in queens

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here. You sound like a great chi dad!!! I never knew how much you could really love a dog until I got Toby. He's my first dog that isn't a family dog, and he is just so wonderful. So I understand your feelings completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App

·
Registered
836 Posts
On my way to check out the pictures and videos ( we love them here ) but wanted to say hello first! Love your story about him being born in your car :) I understand your statement about having a relationship with your fur baby, I feel the same way! I look forward to getting to know you both :)

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PigeonSheep: Sorry about that. By the time I figured that out by looking at your YouTube Channel it was too late to "edit" my post because I am a newbie. Anyway, you now have a new subscriber. I enjoyed your videos - very cute !

Pupluv168: I can definitely identify with that.

Evelyn & 4bsingreece: Thank you both. Acting stupid is my favorite pass-time and I love to "entertain". I take so many pics and Videos - post them up and take some down - I would probably irritate everyone and get kicked off the forum. So, I usually just send everything to my YouTube and Instagram accounts and just post in my signature (text) whatever my last video was on YouTube, so if you happen to notice a new "Title" you'd know something is available. I will post something here if it pertains to a topic in a thread. I just prefer not to be "that annoying guy" - LOL But while we are on topic - my favorite Video of Poochino is the last one I did called "Chihuahua Epic Battle" when I did some Slow-motion footage of him slinging around his toys, (and threw in a few sound effects). Already have ideas for the next one !

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Loving the videos Hazardsports and Pidge!! ye should get together and make an adventure film - much better than any other chi movies out there!

Hazardsports you had some questions in your initial post, but we all got too carried away with your pictures and videos! post your questions under the Chihuahua Health or Chihuahua Diet Forums and you should get some good replies!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rach_Hudson: LOL yea, I went a little overboard - fun stuff !

Aquarius: pretty cool idea for a collaborative adventure film.
I'm reading some of the older threads so I don't start a duplicate topic. And then I will post in that thread if I still need more info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Butch also had knee problems. I can see in the one pic of Poochino that the muscles on his leg are slight. Butch came to me with small back legs and small rearend. After he had knee surgery, his muscles "muscled" right up and became very strong. I had them both done at the same time. He looked pretty cute in his casts. He had his pallet in the living room and sat there like a King while I catered to his every need.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.