Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you guys! I just got Minky her very first Nylabone in size small from the Drs. Foster and Smith website, and she LOVES it. I am a little bit worried as I was noticing that little pieces were dangling off. I mean if it broke off, it would be miniscule. Is this safe though? Should I get her a tougher one? It's pretty funny actually because at first, she wouldn't even come near me with her Nylabone because she thought I would take it away, but I held onto it for her once so she could chew on it, and ever since then, she'll come by occassionally and drop it in my lap as if to say, "okay ma, you can hold it for me please." LOL. Such a little brat! I have been monitoring her very carefully when she chews on it, and during the day when I'm at work, I don't give it to her. I guess I'm just worried about the little pieces that might break off. Anyone know if this is okay?

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
the nylabones are made in such a way that they should fray as there being chewed these frayed peices are what helps clean the teeth
if its big bite sized chunks that are comming off, then theres a problem, but if its just like a fraying thats normal. Nylabone are NOT digestable so big chunks will cause blockages, little tiny bits will safely pass right though.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
woody loves nylabones. he started with the soft bendable ones but started chewing large chunks off so i switched to the hard ones for tough chewers :)

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Jen said:
woody loves nylabones. he started with the soft bendable ones but started chewing large chunks off so i switched to the hard ones for tough chewers :)[/QUOTE

Buford was chewing pretty big pieces off and I took it away from him. The ones I gave him were 4 or 5 inches long. It made me nervous so I only give them edible/digestible things now. Here's what I get the boys and they both love them.

http://www.mysimon.com/9015-10992_8-29570981.html

They are one of the few "good" treats our local grocery carries.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks you guys! That was very helpful!! She is only chewing off tiny tiny pieces, so it looks like she'll be fine. She's only had it for about a day or two now and she's put some serious marks on it, so that's why I was wondering if maybe I should've gotten the tougher kind instead of the bendable kind. Well, thanks you guys!! Now I don't have to worry...

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for your feedback everyone! Maybe I will try the kind for tough chewers or the kind that is edible next time. Thanks again you guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts