Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I dont really tell many this :oops: as most people think you are crazy or mad and some even get put in mental homes for having it... as nobody gave them the time and helped them!

But around the age of 12-13 I suffered from OCD... its got so bad I was almost suicidal! I couldnt cope with the routines and constantly felt like I had to do certain routines/chores and punish myself if I did the slightest thing wrong!
Its like being 24/7 constant aware of what your doing and if you could be hurting anyone in anyway. (Dont worry if your aware of your family friend people ect...and think you have OCD... Im talking EXTREME... like having to check the plug sockets to make sure there was no water on them evan if no water had spilt or anything... having to make sure every light was turned off in the house evan if the lights were off at night!)
And basically having routines... especially wahing your hands... my hands were so dry if I moved them they would crack and spilt (bleed)
Popel with OCD are constantly obsessed with cleaning... and are so concerned that they would harm or hurt anyone in anyway. Like Id be scared that Id give my little brother a desease (evan though I dont have a deasese) as with OCD you are constantly scared that you will harm others and seem to live with the guilt of harming others evan if you havent harmed others. Having OCD (at an extreme) stops you daily life.. I remember I wouldnt evan watch Eastenders (A british soap) unless Id checked my windows were closed in my bedroom and everyone elses in the houses windows.. incase I was watching telly and someone fell out... (I know it sounds so silly) but thats how you think with OCD. Why would I want to watch Eastenders (tv) for my benefit and put myself before someone else. Id get so stressed and fustrated and would hurt myself because I was confused.. had no idea what or why I was doing this and didnt want to carry on. My mum and family were confused and petrified to think I was gonna lock myself up and never come out! My mum didnt know anything about OCD (neither did I) and was scared to take me to the doctors incase they took me off of her and put me in a mental home or something! It took about a year and a half to get over it (I no lol Im freeeeee) and I couldnt have done it without my mum... gradually over a period of time (you cant expect it to go away straight away) With everything I thought of... the windows.. plugs and everthing I asked my mum questions and she answered them and it really helped me! I began to recover because I admitted to myself that I had a problem! Evan when you have OCD and look at everyone who act normal .. to you they're not normal and you dont understand why they are not checking plugs.. windows ect... you just dont realise that you are the only one doing it so maybe you are wrong.
As I said onceI admitted I had a problem (I never admitted it was OCD untill about a year and a half later after I was better) things began to get better... and I knew I had to stop!
It was tough... stressful and very hard but I thought I would share it all with you as Im freeee lol no Im fine now and after 2 years of hell I feel back to normal me lol
I dont have no problems anymore or anything lol :) But... I do have memories :(
I just want to let anyone know who has this problem that you can do it! You can! I feel really bad watching the tv and seeing adults with this problem who have had it there whole lives as 2 years and I broke down... how could you handle a whole life! For the uk readers ----> theres a proggrame on tonight on channel 4 http://www.channel4.com/health/microsites/0-9/4health/mind/wwr_ocd.html about people living together with this problem to help solve it. Personally from my own experience I dont think anyone of them will recover until they admit to themselves that there is a problem...
then they can try and realise where it came from ect.. and what caused it to spring about!

More infomation on OCD ---->
http://www.ocfoundation.org/

{If anyone on the forum has it and needs help I'll be more than happy to chat with them about more of my experiences and how I got through it!)

BTW... I recovered at about 14.. and am 16 now so 2 years without it.. and it aint coming back :wink: Im so much more a happier person!!!!! :D

Luv stef xxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Oh, Stef, I had no idea. Bless you for talking so openly about this. I can see where something like that would take over your life in a way I probably can't fully imagine. I'm awfully glad you and your mum were able to get past this so you're now able to experience all that life can offer.

Another brave young lady. :)

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I no theres so many brave people on this site that have admitted past and present problems so they inspired me to type mine :)

My mums my rock... shes so strong.. she never breaksdown! ALways looks on the brightside! :) If only the world was full of mums :wink:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
awwwww Stef well done you are amazing and I Am definately interested in watching that programme tonight :D

you are brilliant, amazing, cool, mature, likeable, kind, generous and most of all Loveable :D

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aww thanks clare.. yes that programme looks great... I really feel for the people on there (watch how fustrated they get :? )
Do I need to tel you how much I admire you :wink: again?! lol
xxxx

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol ow no your not :D
Ive pm'd 30 people from the uk... and am hoping to find more
I can think of a few people to but usernames are hard to remember lol
Im hoping we could make a fair distance between everyone.. or almost fair :) So I thought yes the midlands as its the middle.. :? see what everyone else thinks
erm the date will still have to be confirmed lol as Im sure everyone is quite busy in the holidays... ect... and might need a few months so theyknow they are free?
xxxxx

·
Registered
683 Posts
There is a girl in my work who suffers from the same thing - she cleans her hands all the time - she will get abusive if ppl go into her room because of germs etc, she is seeing a phyciatrist about it - so hopefully it helps her, i guess going there in the first place is her admitting to herself that she has a problem, i guess its partly about willpower?

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I also suffer with OCDS as do my father and his sisters.I have done since i was a child but i didnt know what it was until a few years ago,if i wrote down what i did and still do you would think im totally nutty, only a couple of people know but not doctor, Stef you are brave telling everyone,i might get round to telling you the things i do :?

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Stef , u sound like a great girl. U are really brave for speaking about it and overcoming the problem , looking forward to meeting with u when its arranged :wave:

My step - sister has it at the mo and the lady helping her did things like making her touch the toilet to make sure she knew she wasnt going to die fropm having dirty hands.. it must be a horrible thing to have and you are very strong for beating it. :wave:

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LovelyChiPupz said:
There is a girl in my work who suffers from the same thing - she cleans her hands all the time - she will get abusive if ppl go into her room because of germs etc, she is seeing a phyciatrist about it - so hopefully it helps her, i guess going there in the first place is her admitting to herself that she has a problem, i guess its partly about willpower?
Thats exactly what I think it is... i hope she realises she can do it soon!

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sullysmum said:
I also suffer with OCDS as do my father and his sisters.I have done since i was a child but i didnt know what it was until a few years ago,if i wrote down what i did and still do you would think im totally nutty, only a couple of people know but not doctor, Stef you are brave telling everyone,i might get round to telling you the things i do :?
You are more than welcome to pm if that helps.. actually you know... Im going to pm you some of the things I did... cause I have trust in you and understand youd keep them only to yourself right?! Between me and you? And cause you'd probably realise talking to someone who knows exactly where your coming from helps more.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JAYNE said:
Stef , u sound like a great girl. U are really brave for speaking about it and overcoming the problem , looking forward to meeting with u when its arranged :wave:

My step - sister has it at the mo and the lady helping her did things like making her touch the toilet to make sure she knew she wasnt going to die fropm having dirty hands.. it must be a horrible thing to have and you are very strong for beating it. :wave:
Thanks very much Jayne... it was life-stopping... I had it extremly bad and your mind plays up so much you feel as if your about to .. well I was ready to just end it. Im gonna watch this and either burst out crying or scream at the tv cause I wanna help em... I really do!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I'm so sorry you had to go through all that but you've come out of it a better person, wouldn't you say?

I never had experiences with OCD, although I had certainly heard of it, until I got OmaKitty. She's got it, if kitties can have it, and she'll spend hours in her litterbox covering things up. She can't have anything moved that's hers (i.e. her food bowls, her "lazy spots" around the house). If her things are moved even a centimeter from where they belong, she becomes frantic trying to figure out how to put them back. I had to take a marker and draw circles around where her food bowls and other items sit so I'm sure to get them in the correct location every time I have to pick them up.

Just from watching what she goes through on a daily basis, I can't even imagine what a human must suffer through.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
erm wow.. an animal? thats so strange!!!
When I had it years later I still couldnt think of why but after tracing back I figured it out...
for years my life was perfect (ok so I may not have a dad) but I knew no different. I was a straight a student and a teachers pet... was a champion dancer and nothing ever went wrong... I remember walking around my primary in school and when my friends would discuss loosing a family member Id say wow I have both my grandparents (mums side) and was so happy!
Untill I was 10 and my grandad died so suddenly.. so young. It hit home that bad things do happen... I felt my life wasnt perfect anymore and things started to just fall apart. I realised kind of a REALITY that things do happen and the worst part is no matter how good how perfect or how clever.. I couldnt change the fact he was gone no matter how hard I tried. I began talking to my grandad sooo much... then to god cause I had to know there was someone with my granadad and then I was scared that now my grandad was out there.. could he see every fault about me? Like when me and my friends would be naughty and run cause trouble on the estate lol :evil: Would he be disapointed that his dancer aint all shes cracked up to be? So I figure thats why... I was trying to be perfect... making life seem perfect only i was destroying it more and those lives around me who were forced to sit back and watch. But my mum couldnt just watch... The pain I must have put my mum through :( The pain shes taken away from me :)
Yes thats right... I've learnt so much from it and It has made me a kinda better more mature and with a more open outlook to life :)

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Sara... :wave: Im watchingthe programme now.. the people seem so upset but they all know they have it :shock: thats shocking to me I never knew they I had it till Id recovered... admitting they have faults... theyre gonna recover :D Though not saying that I had it worst as we all experience things in different ways... but I remember things being alot more extreme compared to the people shown on tv.. is that bad to say?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts