Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been a couple of days (not consecutive) that Angel has vomitted. It is yellow, slightly foamy. Sorry, I know that's gross. It happened two days ago and then again this morning. For the life of me I cannot figure out why this has happened. I do know that on the nights before this has happened, she didn't sleep well due to my having to get up frequently. Could the cause be something as simple as a bad night's sleep?

I had changed her food over a week ago from Science Diet to RC and she didn't have any problems with the switch. That wouldn't be the cause of this all the sudden would it? She hasn't thrown up any food or anything. It has happened before she eats breakfast and then is fine the rest of the day.

Also... I was extremely stressed yesterday and very sad all day. Maybe that also messed her up? I know she stayed with me the whole day watching me.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
889 Posts
could be that she's too hungry. sometimes they will throw up bile when they haven't eaten for a while -- zoey used to do it occassionally -- this makes sense because you said she throws up before breakfast and then is fine for the rest of the day. maybe try giving her a biscuit before bed?

but you also said that it's foamy? i'm not sure what that means... maybe someone else could help you better. :wave:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your input. Nope, no grass nibbling. I will try a bisquit before bed and see if that helps any. Once again, she has been fine today after the incident so it can't be anything serious. If it continues obviously I will have to consult a vet. Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Callisto has done this alot. Its always when she hasn't eaten in a while. She seems to forget to eat on her own, free feeding didn't work as she wouldn't eat the kibble so I recently started feeding her meals and mixing the kibble with 1/4th a tin of Cesar with some success. I'm not sure about all chihuahuas but mine is notoriously picky and will often only eat when I'm around.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Jasmine will occasionally throw up a foamy, light colored liquid, and I have found that when this happens she usually hasn't eaten much the day before. So it could have something to do with their stomach being empty.

I haven't been too concerned about it, as it only happens occasionally. I do believe they pick up on our moods also. I know if I'm not feeling well, Jasmine will stay right by my side all day.

Try giving her a light snack just before bedtime, and see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Chico used to throw up bile...he hasn't done it in a while though thank goodness. I thought it was from eating things off the floor, so i started vaccuuming every day instead of every other day. maybe its just coincidence but he has stopped since i started doing that. :?

·
Registered
661 Posts
My puppy Tico did the same thing yesterday morning. (We had gone on a road trip the day before and he didn't eat alot now that I think about it.) I had called the vet and they said as long as he's drinking, eating and acting normal, not to worry.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Cooper will throw up every now and then, too. I wasn't sure what was causing it but he never seemed sick so I figured his stomach was upset. I never thought about him being hungry or having an empty stomach - I'll have to watch for that.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
both my chis occassionally throw up a tiny bit of foamy yellow liquid. i thought it was from some of thier "chewies" because some of them are yellow colored so i didnt worry about it. the empty tummy thing makes sense though. it seems pretty common after all the replies so i guess nothing to worry about

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
actually i have a chi that would do this during her puppy life to me it seemed to be gas in her tummy or over eating.i give her Prozyme so she can digest her food better.just a suggestion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts