Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, whats going on here with Luna's colour? Here are a bunch of pics showing it. Its come in gradually over the last few weeks or so and is motsly on one side for now on her back but I can see signs of it spreading....
PS, some of these will also be posted in the size compare thread :)

Not much on this side yet..

This side is most...

This one is a bit of flash on her side but you can still see where the light fur is coming through....
The flash is not on her neck, just a bit on her side.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Oh my goodness! When Bella came home with me, she was a solid black color with the facial markings and leg markings and a little on her neck..She is also getting that lighter color on her back neckside right below her ears. It kinda looks like she's an old lady and she's getting grey hair:) Hehe

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
It appears to just be her undercoat to me.. Several of my chis have an undercoat that is light also. Two of my three black/tans have it. Deb

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
It looks to me like it could be some roaning of the coat, where white hairs start growing into the dark hair. Or it could be she is starting to change into adult coat and her undercoat is showing up and that may come out when she sheds.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This colour starting to come through was what made me wonder if she was going to be long hair and it was starting to grow out, but obviously now its still short, just showing through the black. She is 4 1/2 months now so wouldn't that be a tad early for adult coat to be coming in? lol Its confusing me cuz in her pup picks and when we first got her she was just black, no other colours coming through (except the tan I mean lol)

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Darla has got that coming through too in the exact same place, not as much though and it is on both sides.
Jamie said she looks like an old lady with grey hairs. lol
I dont mind if it stays or goes though.
Puppies coats can change a lot.
I have seen some on here that look so different from when they were pups to now at adult.

·
Registered
356 Posts
It's possibly her undercoat showing through. Or it could be that some of her coat is sabling out. My Emmy who is a Black & Tan, had her tan markings on her face turn sable and spread out. She now has more tan on her face than black.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It will certainly be interesting to wait and see what happens with it :) It doesn't matter either way to me, I was just curious :)
lol it DOES look like she is a little old lady and is getting grey hairs lol
Anyone else have any pics with simiar changes happening? Or had this when their pup was little and now what they look like as an adult?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts