Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night we took our dogs out to the community area in our townhome community where our dogs can take care of business. we have a deer-faced chihuahua (chili) and a jack russell/chihuahua mix (pepper). well pepper took care of business and i noticed several minutes later that chili was rubbing her face on the grass as if it itched. well, when we got them inside our house, i picked up chili to give her a kiss but, good lord, she reeked of feeces! it appears that she was rubbing her face on some other dogs feeces. her paws also smelled of it. is my little girl nuts? normal? help please.

thanks

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Acutally it is normal. Dogs like to roll and rub themselves in stinky, smelly stuff. I guess it's perfume to them :dontknow:

You just have to watch them real close and not let them do it.
Also, if they are rubbing themselves in another dogs feces they can catch some diseases if it accidently gets in their mouths or eyes.

Be sure and give them a good bath if you catch them!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not exactly the smell you want when you hold your little girl close to you. but i am glad that my little girl isn't nuts (just goofy). she did get a bath immediately after, of which she was none too happy. thanks for the replies.

btw, here's stinky herself:

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
thank god, it's funny jemini the girl loves to rub her self in mud ,dirt,poop, all that nasty stuff. but jamoka is sooo prissy he doesn't like to get is feet dirty ,he doens't liek to get wet when it rains! when he see's mud/dirt he will jump over it or make ME walk aorund it ! but jemini she just walks right threw it :lol: :D :wave:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Your baby is adorable. Unfortunately it is a disgusting but natural behavior. I read something in family dog recently that said that one theory is that dogs do it to disguise their scent :roll:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
When we're at my parents' house next week, we'll be visiting my friend Ride who lives on a ranch. I can't wait to see what kind of poop Cooper finds to roll around in.

I'm giddy with excitement. :roll:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts