Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Odie has ear infection and getting the drops in is a challenge. He needs 5 drops x twice daily. After I finally manage to get them in and he takes a nap I looked in his ear and the ear canal still looks dry grrrr..the rest of his ear is oily from his drops.
He really HATES this.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Hmmm if I were you I'd just start giving the drops while he's napping; LOL. I'm sure he won't be too happy about it; but if he's zonked out or getting petted it'll be easier to "sneak" them into the ear; plus you'll have gravity on your side if he's laying on his. =D

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Wrap him in a towel so just his head is out. Then put the drops in and before he can shake his head, take your fingers and pinch the ear canal shut and massage the heck out of the ear. It will make a wet squishy sound. Get it fully distributed into the ear canal or else it won't do any good.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ugggg..I do try to massage as soon as I get them in. Now his other ear is starting to show signs.

I did not see my usual vet as he is on holiday but the one who saw Odie said because he seems to get this, this time of year it might be an allergy ( I hope not ) . So if he's not healing up we gotta do something else.
Thanks everyone for the tips :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts