Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... not really. But she does now own a hampton dress! Some of you might have seen me making comments about how Odie does not usually wear dresses. I caved. Now she has to because we have added this little number to her wardrobe of really boyish sweaters.

Fits like a glove

Little sailor keeping a look out

Ready to smell the salty air

No one will think she's a boy now!

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
omg, these pics are soooo cute!!!! i love your captions, really made me smile :). and it looks like she's very comfy in her first dress... So happy you like it and its a great fit
( now i can go to sleep. lol. i been waiting up for these pics )

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
omg, these pics are soooo cute!!!! i love your captions, really made me smile :). and it looks like she's very comfy in her first dress... So happy you like it and its a great fit
( now i can go to sleep. lol. i been waiting up for these pics )
Haha, I'm sorry! I would have posted them sooner. Glad you like the pics. I just LOVE the dress!

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Odessa looks gorgeous in her new dress. :love2:
You know I understand the "no dress" rule. I always say my guys only wear
clothes to protect them from snow, rain, city slush and of course cold. But
I have noticed this year I made an exception...or two and got a couple of
dresses. Funny thing I still don't feel too comfortable making Chanel wear
them for anything other than a picture. But then I think...why not? After
all does she really know the difference between wearing a sweater for warmth
or a dress for an occasion? ...who knows. I do know that I don't agree with
going overboard with dressing up your dog just for fun or fashion, or lord knows
what. But for a purpose or a special occasion, why not, as long as the dog is not
bothered by it. Chanel for example gets very excited when she sees a sweater
because she knows it means walk time. We walk so often in all kinds of climate,
all kinds of areas, woods, fields, dirty roads, etc, that if she didn't wear clothes
I'd have to literally bathe her 4-5 times per day. A sweater not only keeps her
warm but keeps her cleaner, so once home we simply wash the paws and bum.
Anyways I'm getting carried away. I guess I just tried to tell you to not worry
about the dress, it's not a big deal once in a while. Believe me that means a
lot coming from me, because my dogs are dogs, not accessories.

ps: Now she needs a girly harness, because a dress and a Harley don't go together! :coolwink:

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I agree with the others. She looks darling!

Her coloring is SO beautiful!! The profile picture of her is stunning. You need to make it readily available for the next time someone asks what an apple head and a defined stop look like. That pic shows those clearly!

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you for the comments everyone! I don't regret buying it one bit.

Odessa looks gorgeous in her new dress. :love2:
You know I understand the "no dress" rule. I always say my guys only wear
clothes to protect them from snow, rain, city slush and of course cold. But
I have noticed this year I made an exception...or two and got a couple of
dresses. Funny thing I still don't feel too comfortable making Chanel wear
them for anything other than a picture. But then I think...why not? After
all does she really know the difference between wearing a sweater for warmth
or a dress for an occasion? ...who knows. I do know that I don't agree with
going overboard with dressing up your dog just for fun or fashion, or lord knows
what. But for a purpose or a special occasion, why not, as long as the dog is not
bothered by it. Chanel for example gets very excited when she sees a sweater
because she knows it means walk time. We walk so often in all kinds of climate,
all kinds of areas, woods, fields, dirty roads, etc, that if she didn't wear clothes
I'd have to literally bathe her 4-5 times per day. A sweater not only keeps her
warm but keeps her cleaner, so once home we simply wash the paws and bum.
Anyways I'm getting carried away. I guess I just tried to tell you to not worry
about the dress, it's not a big deal once in a while. Believe me that means a
lot coming from me, because my dogs are dogs, not accessories.

ps: Now she needs a girly harness, because a dress and a Harley don't go together! :coolwink:
You're right, LS! I really shouldn't worry about it. She only usually wears sweaters or a jacket when it's necessary. We keep our place pretty chilly, and sometimes i'll even put one on her indoors if she's shivering. She's not delighted with having one put on, but once it's on, she's fine. When I take them off, she wants to attack them. So funny. She likes to be naked.

I guess the main reason why I didn't want her wearing a dress is because I get really offended when people stereotype small dogs, and I feel like I'm not helping by "dressing her up". But honestly, I don't think she knows the difference between a sweater and a dress, and they both are an extra layer to keep her at least a little bit warmer. When I was debating it with myself, I came to the conclusion that it's not really any different than a dog wearing a bandana. She's not going to be wearing a dress everyday, just like she doesn't wear a sweater everyday. I really shouldn't worry about other people judging me, or my dog.

I agree with the others. She looks darling!

Her coloring is SO beautiful!! The profile picture of her is stunning. You need to make it readily available for the next time someone asks what an apple head and a defined stop look like. That pic shows those clearly!
Thank you so much! I was so proud after reading your comment... even though I had nothing to do with the way she looks! Haha. She is such a pretty, sweet girl.

Oh, i forgot to say that i would love to see some pics of her in that dress when you take her to the dock :)
Yes! I will post some. We will be going sometime in the next couple of months. We can have an ocean photo shoot.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh and yes, LS! She does need a girly harness! I'm on the lookout for one that fits her well. I tried a step in one at the pet store the other day but it fit so awkwardly.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
...I really shouldn't worry about other people judging me, or my dog.
EXACTLY! You take fantastic care of your dog, better than most. You do not need
to justify yourself to anyone. You should not worry either, worrying causes wrinkles! ;)

As for the harness, if you are not too fond of step in styles, try Park Avenue, I
love them, they are super light, comfy, well made, well priced and cute on top
of that. :thumbright:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts