Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that Odie had been what I call skipping when he walks(rear leg),so I took him to the vet yesterday plus he had an ear infection he needed drops for.Well the vet tried feeling to see if he could feel if his knee was loose or something with his hip but Odie was too tense and he said best thing maybe was to give him a sedative or put him under for a few minutes so he could feel and x-ray him.
Well because he is not neutured yet I figured while they were putting him under they might as well do that too and remove 3 baby teeth and a rear dewclaw ( it's just hanging there).My poor baby,I dropped him off at 8:30 am. and it's now 9:30 am.
As you all know we all worry and I am so worried about him.... :(

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
You and Odie are in my prayers.. Blessngs, Deb

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got an update from the vet and Odie is comfy covered in his blanket with his big sisters smell on it(our lab Hollie) and he's looking around.Going to pick him up around 3:45 and the vet wants to speak to me about his x-rays...I'm so hoping it's nothing major.Keeping my fingers crossed

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Glad he got through the surgey ok. I sure hope it's nothing major with his leg. Best thoughts and prayers for him and you.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
update???
keeping fingers crossed

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Odie is home and resting after his surgery,,but I found out today that my poor lil man has Legg-Perthes Disease and will require having surgery called a Femoral head and neck ostectomy =(
Anyone here pet have it?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I try to get Odie to rest in his crate but no way he wants to be in my arms.He weighs 4.7 pounds but after you hold him awhile he feels like 10.pounds....lol
But I really don't mind one bit

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Awww, he wants his mommy. lol Glad he's home and doing well. Sorry I don't know anything about Legg-Perthes Disease. Hopefully someone that knows about it will chime in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts