Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our artificial Christmas tree broke last year and we decided that this year we would get a real tree. Each family here is allowed to get a permit to chop down one tree on crown land, but we thought it would be fun to go to a tree farm that's just out of the city. I was SO excited when I found out that dogs are welcome! So here are some of my fave pics of Odie's Christmas tree adventure. Sorry about blurring the faces in some of the pics. Didn't know if they'd enjoy having their photos posted, and let's face it, it's all about the cheewah.

I see my Grandma coming!

On the tractor ride

Supervising my husband cutting down the perfect tree we found

Snow chi!

Odie and Mom

Getting spoiled because she was cold

Getting cozy by the fire, where she met the nicest black lab

Posing by the tree

And just for fun, all our pets in a different kind of tree! Poor Odie is terrified to be so high off the ground.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Krystal awesome pics!!! I love that Odie is an active girl who is not afraid of a
little snow! :p You look gorgeous, BUT I have to nag you a bit...where is your
hat missy???!!! Naughty child! It's winter! Put a hat on, you'll get sick! ...ok
there I'm done. ;)

Reactions: KrystalLeigh

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
That looks like it was so much fun, Krystal!! I had no idea that some places let you bring dogs. That's so cool. By the way I am SO jealous of your snow. We've had a few dustings but no real accumulation and I'm just keeping fingers crossed we get snow before Christmas. If I don't have to drive in it, I love it! Meanwhile I'll live vicariously though your winter wonderland photos. ^_^

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the comments and compliments! It was so awesome to be able to include her in our day out, which I hope will become a tradition. I actually got a lot of looks from people and I could tell that they were judging my chi with her sweater and coat on. My Dad is the master of breaking the ice with these people though and says things like "it's a long way from Mexico!" and everyone laughs and gets over it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Thanks for all the comments and compliments! It was so awesome to be able to include her in our day out, which I hope will become a tradition. I actually got a lot of looks from people and I could tell that they were judging my chi with her sweater and coat on. My Dad is the master of breaking the ice with these people though and says things like "it's a long way from Mexico!" and everyone laughs and gets over it.
Lol!!! Too funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Since I live in the South I can't fathom what my pups would do if I put their feet in some like that. However, it sure gets you in the Christmas spirit and the tree (and Odie) is beautiful!

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks! Even still, the first time it snows, Odie doesn't want to walk on it. Once she gets going she doesn't really care until she gets cold. Sometimes we don't get snow until closer to or even after Christmas. So glad it's here now!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts