Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, apologizing in advance for the insane amount of photos! This will be a multiple post for sure.

In July, we took a trip to Jasper National Park (Alberta) to visit family and friends and for a bit of a vacay. I was extra excited because since we were staying with family, we were able to bring Odie along. My best friend has two chis and her Mom has one and they all live in Jasper so Odie had a blast seeing all of her friends almost every day that we were there. Here are some pics of the trip:

On our way to Jasper - this is Mount Robson

I've never had a dog that was so good in the car!

Odie and her friend Randall playing

Her first off leash walk EVER! We walked around Jasper Park Lodge. She did great! I would never do this at home, but it was a safe space and she didn't want to leave the other dog's sides.
[/URL

The whole pack - Odie, Randall, Dez and Jasper. Odie, Randall and Desmond came from the same breeder and Dez is the reason I chose to get a chi!
[URL=http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/kleighklymchuk/media/IMG_6946_zpsf1806a8b.jpg.html]

Me and Odie

Posing with a bear friend :)

Dez

On our way to go for a hike, Dez and Randall wait for their Mom

How cute are these two?! Odie shared her car seat with Jasper the whole drive to the hiking spot. They are kindred spirits.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We shared the dogs during the hike...

Odie and Randall hiking

Banff National Park was on fire and it was SO smokey and hot while we were there. Very rare for Jasper to have a heat wave! Despite giving them lots of water and pouring some over their backs, the dogs were getting overheated. We found a creek to dunk them in, which of course they hated. Here's Odie waiting for her turn.

Dez thought that if he hid behind these tourists, his Mom would forget about dunking him in the cold water.

Odie after the hike - she was exhausted

We were staying with my father-in-law at his rental (yes he has pink carpets) and we put down a pad for Odie. She didn't use it the entire time (she waited to go outside) we were there and used it as a bed sometimes... silly girl.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A day after returning home, me and Odie took off for the Sunshine Coast to go boating with family.

Storm rolling in

Odie loves anywhere that has Sunshine in its name

Enjoying the sun on the back of the boat while traveling

Someone isn't happy about wearing her life jacket

But she always settles in to wearing it

This pic cracks me up because she's so relaxed

Waiting for a parade to come by

Sleeping with her moose we bought her in Jasper

My favourite pic from the trip

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Krystal these pictures are amazing! My dream vacation would be one just like this, friends and small dogs! Odie is a true outdoors girl, she is so beautiful. I showed bryan her pictures and he loved the last one the best too! Odie is such a sweetie sharing her car seat with her friend, she's the best!! ;)

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh what a bunch of great pictures. Thanks for posting them. Looks like you all had a great time. I noticed you have the K&H car seat too. I'm still deciding which one to get the snoozer or the K&H.
I love the K&H car seat! I've never had a snoozer so I can't really compare, but a lot of people use that one also. I would recommend going to see them in person if you can. I like the K&H so much that I still plan on buying another one to use in a different vehicle. Odie loves it too. :) The only thing I would improve on is that I'd like to find a suitable car harness for her to wear while in it. It's nice to just clip in her regular harness and go somewhere close by but I'd probably use a car harness for longer trips that attaches right to the seat belt with a safer material than the nylon straps that come with all dog car seats.

Loved looking at your pics,stunning
Thanks Michele! :D

Amazing pics! Looks like you got to see some really beautiful places.
I love seeing pics of Odie :) x
Thank you! We're really lucky that we live near so many awesome places! Don't have to go far for vacation if we don't want to. :)

LOVE the pics..... looks like everyone had a GREAT time.....
Thanks Jan, we definitely did!

What a fabulous vacation!!! Looks like the stunning Odie had a great time with a great bunch of friends. What more could you ask for?! :D
Not much! If I can take Odie along on vacation, it makes it that much better, even if it's a "stay-cation" of sorts.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi odie! So beautiful! Love the bear pic and love that flower tank on her. So good to see her sweet face. Glad you guys enjoyed vacation.
We certainly did! I really like that flower tank too and it was an ebay special! It's a bit loose on her but that's sort of what I've been looking for now that I know she has trachea probs.

Fabulous pictures Krystal, thanks for sharing your vaca! Odie is super photogenic, as are you. The pictures o f Odie and yourself are precious...:)
Aw thanks Debra!

These are awesome pics, Krystal & Odessa! I love seeing pics of her and the rest of the chi gang made it that much sweeter <3
Thanks friend! I LOVE when the chi gang gets together. They're hilarious! On the walk around the lodge, they found something smelly on the ground and went crazy rolling and digging. I should post the video. Not Odie of course though, she's a princess and just watched.

Love all the pictures but the two by the bear are my favorite! Looks so beautiful there and not hot and humid!!!!
Thank you! I like those ones too. There are fake bears everywhere there, it's hard to pass them without taking a pic. It was beautiful, but there were nearby fires and it was soooo smokey. We wanted to go up the tram but there was no point as you could actually not see the rocky mountains. :( We're used to the heat where we live but they rarely get hot weather in Jasper so no one has air conditioning and it was only 90-95 F when we were there but the house we were staying at was hellish. Haha. Odie loved it though so that's all that matters. :D

Wow what great pics. The scenery looks amazing, I've only seen pics like that on the television lol. Odie is just adorable and looked like she enjoyed every moment. :)
We are pretty lucky to live somewhere that is close to such beautiful places that people travel from around the world to see. Sometimes I forget that! Of course Odie is happy anywhere that her people are. :)

Krystal these pictures are amazing! My dream vacation would be one just like this, friends and small dogs! Odie is a true outdoors girl, she is so beautiful. I showed bryan her pictures and he loved the last one the best too! Odie is such a sweetie sharing her car seat with her friend, she's the best!! ;)
Thanks love! We always say that we'll go visit people and end up traveling out of country instead and then feel bad, so we made sure we did that this year. :) So nice to take Odie with us and she loved seeing all her friends. I was in chi heaven!

Great pictures! It looks like you all had an amazing holiday. :)
Thanks, it was! Can't wait for next year. :)

Super pics...Odie looks like she enjoyed every minute of her vacation..well maybe not the dunking in the river...
She definitely did not enjoy the glacier water. Haha. She wasn't panting afterwards though so it did the trick. None of them liked it, poor dogs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts