Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last Friday Odie went in for his checkup and a rabie shot and all is good.His weight is 3.4 pounds and he said his knees were good and is very healthy.
anyway while i was waiting my turn a lady came in and said how cute Odie was and she said she should have brought her chi with her.I was glad to have someone to chat with while I was waiting until she said having a harness on my chi was kinda an overkill...grrr....:mad: I thought I was doing the best thing for him

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
You are doing the best thing for him. Better than a collar. With their fragile skeletal structure and organs, you don't want his trachea collapsing from the pressure a collar would put on his neck area.

Ignore her!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I have always used a harness for Draco while walking or riding in his car seat. I do use collars if I want him to look cute.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Using a harness is the perfect choice. :) Great to hear Odie is doing well.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Glad his checkup went well. Some people just don't understand. Zoey wears a collar but I NEVER attach a leash to it, it's just for show/decoration. She always wears a harness when she's walking. Theirs throats are so tiny & delicate. You are doing the right thing :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have read the same thing about their throat area being way too delicate for a leash! I use harnesses on both of mine and collars only for their tags/decoration.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts