Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys,

I need a little help here. I had planned to breed Chiquita and José, but not until this summer in her next heat, but José had other plans and got to her on the 7th. They were locked so I am sure he impregnated her. He is almost 8 months old, Chiquita is 2 years old and a good 8-9lbs. I hadn't prepared for the breeding to be this soon so I haven't had alot of time to read all the details. How soon will I know if she is pregnant?

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
oooh I cant help you with the ins and outs as I know as much as you - but congrats and i am soooooooo excited for you - where have you been girl I missed our chats over the good brown stuff :lol:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Clare...

Been a little preoccupied working and getting my diet plan in order... attempting to lose 35lbs. I signed up to do this Body Challenge over 8 weeks with my sisters. You have to reduce your caloric intake and write down everything you eat with the calories and such... I lost 3 lbs last week whoohooo! 32 more to go :( I've also taken up a new hobby, crocheting.. I taught myself... trying to learn to make some cute doggie sweaters :) I am excited but nervous about Chiquita... I'm definately not doing this to make money... as I will keep the pups... and I am prepared financially should anything happen... I don't want people here to think I am an irresponsible mommy :oops: I planned to breed them, just not right now LOL funny doggies.. they waited till I fell asleep and then woke me up! I am excited though... Chiquita is such a beautiful dog, she should throw some wonderful pups. It's been about 2 weeks since they did the deed, so I don't know if it took, will have to wait about 4 more weeks I think.... just wish there was a quicker way...

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I can't help on info about breeding since I don't know much about that. But glad to see you back here :wave:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I also need to loose alot of weight as I am getting married in 7 months I but I have 60 pounds to loose rather than 35 but I have been on my diet which basically consits of porridge for breakie , fruit chopped up with low fat yogurt on top and a low cal low fat meal on an evening - Im hungry but determined - lol and have lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks so only another 45 pounds to go - lol

Good luck with chiquita and dont worry none of your true friends on here would think that as we know you - it is obvioyusly meant to be and she will definately have some beautiful pups - will you keep one ? you might get a blue with their colourings :D

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aww thanks Clare, that makes me feel better... I will gladly take whatever she has... but I am hoping for Blues and chocolates.. :D That's why I got José, well also because he's a cutey... and a solid boy....José's daddy was Blue/Tan and Chiquita has chocolate genes in her with her yellow eyes and light nose.... Mixing her coloring with black and tan, could give me some chocolate/tans... Will be interesting to see what comes of it! I've always wanted a blue.... :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
ooo congratulations!, dont worry youve still got plenty of time to find out everything you need to know, hopefully some peole with breeding experience will be able to offer some advice.
i feel the pain with the dieting, ive bin with ww for about 12 weeks now, have lost 16 lbs so far, and am longing to just pig out lol
at least one person/furbaby here will be able to put on weight guilt free.
keep us updated and goodluck!
mia
x

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Hi, I just wanted to say, how exciting is this? Chiquita is so gorgeous, anything she has will be beautiful! :wink:

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Well I have your answer!! LOL you can palpate ( I will explain that below) her abdomen about 4 weeks. If she is pregnant you should be able to feel little ball like bumps in her abdomen. If you do those are puppies. She will be pregnant 58-63 days from the date He tied her. So from the 7th count 58- 63 days. Now if he tied her more than once you still take 58-63 days from the 7th. When it gets close to her due date like her 58th day, start taking her temp twice a day, If it drops below 100 she will whelp her puppies within 24 hours.

Now Palpate means: have her standing on a flat surface such as a table or desk.Take your middle finger and your thumb and place your middle finger on one side of her abdomen and the thumb on the other side. Press firmly upward pinching your fingers closer together and run both fingers together down her abdomen toward her back legs. If you feel bumps then she is more than likely pregnant. If you don't feel comfortable doing this then in about 4 weeks take her to your vet and he can tell. I hope this helped!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts