Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So in the spring, my husband and I got 10 chicks. 9 survived and are giving us eggs now, for the last 2 weeks! :) It's so much fun taking care of them and gathering the eggs every day. I usually go up and hang out with them a few times a day. The dogs don't really have any interest in them, but I see that as a good thing cause the chickens are about 3 times the size of my babies, and despite all the human contact they have had since they were chicks, they are quite mean when it comes to their eggs...
Anyway, I found such a variety today when I went gathering, I wanted to share with ya'll. :)

Not sure if we're going to break open the little one to see if it has a yolk, or if we're going to blow it out and save the shell as our keepsake. It's about the size of quarter!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
oh soooooooooo cute!!!!! That little egg is darling. I'd wanna keep it. ;)

Do you feed the eggs to your Chi's? Such a great all in one complete and healthy food. :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe! Yeah, we saved our first egg ever, which was normal go figure. :) But I wanna keep this one, too. I'll wait until hubby gets home so he can poke the holes and blow it out. I'm no good at that!

We DO feed the eggs to our chis! They loooove them! We did even before we got our own chickens, but they go crazy when they see these brown eggs. I like being able to give them food that I know is super beneficial and it's awesome knowing they came from my own 100% organically raised chickies!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
hehe! Yeah, we saved our first egg ever, which was normal go figure. :) but i wanna keep this one, too. I'll wait until hubby gets home so he can poke the holes and blow it out. I'm no good at that!

We do feed the eggs to our chis! They loooove them! We did even before we got our own chickens, but they go crazy when they see these brown eggs. I like being able to give them food that i know is super beneficial and it's awesome knowing they came from my own 100% organically raised chickies!
lucky dogs!! :)

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Good for you! & especially good for your Chis! It's fun to have chickens; my dad has them & I like the brown eggs better than the store bought.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
awww I love that wee egg!! I want to get chickens too and have fresh eggs everyday I live in the city right now so I will have to wait a bit until I get out on my own, love it so cool!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heh. When I saw your sig pic of the three chis, immediately below the pic of the three eggs, I've got to admit it gave me a moment of pause... like, "Is this a before-and-after? And if so, WHAT breeder did she get these from...?"

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heh. When I saw your sig pic of the three chis, immediately below the pic of the three eggs, I've got to admit it gave me a moment of pause... like, "Is this a before-and-after? And if so, WHAT breeder did she get these from...?"
LOL that's a funny thought! ;)

We did eventually blow out the little egg. There was a fully formed little yolk and everything inside!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts