Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know how i'm looking for a light colored or spotted LC male...WELL, I found this little gem and I am soo very very very tempted to make him my next little baby! ;)
No he's not an LC and he's charting around 5.5 lbs lol, of course that may change and apparently he's been bouncing around chartwise...but THAT FACE. :love1: I have never saw a more cute uniquely marked chihuahua. He looks like he has glasses on and his markings remind me of a Husky..and i LOVE huskies! *sigh* My main concern is that these markings will fade away :cry: and i would be very sad if they did. Thoughts???

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
He's cute, and no I doubt he will loose the markings at all. He does look bigger than the charted 5.5 though. How much is he supposed to weigh in the pic?

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I know hers always end up at or under where they chart, and she had one marked like him before who kept his markings :) I do think he will have a longer muzzle but he will be really cute!

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well like how long of a muzzle? Leila is extremely short so if it's somewhat bigger i don't care. But i don't want it looong. She sent me his weight chart. He was 4.9 oz at birth and now he is 21 oz. He looks chubby so it may mainly be puppy chub!? I really want/ed a LC but he is seriously tempting me.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
He has the same mom as Oakley and Oakley's dad is a son of this litter's sire. Oakley was 19 oz at 5 weeks, charting her at 5 lbs. At 8 weeks LOL she was charting at 6+lbs. She's under 3.5 lbs as an adult. He won't have a Laurel long muzzle but it may be close to to the length of Trigger's?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I don't think the markings will fade away. If you look at my sig, Tobias has a similar "T" marking and he is very unusual. In fact the time I have him, I see his marking is more obvious now than when he was a puppy.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
For what it's worth, my mom's puppy from that momma, as well as Trigger, both ended up just under where they charted as 8 week old pups.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Aww, Cheryl, I know this is so hard for you .. hunting your new little boy.
This little guy is a cutie.. and I also love his facial markings..Follow your heart, you will "know" your baby when you see him. Blessings, Deb

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Hee hee.... It's never easy is it lol!!! If you aren't totally smitten like crazy I would wait. But that's just me. if he's not everything you have been looking for there will be the "one" for you out there. Now.... If the # of chi's is not a factor you won't get an argument out of me, I would tell you to go for it lol! But if he is you last, I would wait till the "perfect" one for you comes along. I know it's hard once you keep looking at those dang sweet pics:) Soooo hard. I was going to get a 4th and procrastinated to long and missed out, but I know when I see another it will be the "one" again for me hee hee!!

I hate making decisions :(
Ok, PROS: awesome markings, really cute and unusual. CONS: long muzzle, larger size, not LC, very far away.
*sigh*

Lori: he's 5 weeks

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Don't think his markings will fade. If they do, I don't think completely. Even if they faded, by then you will be totally attached & it wouldn't be that big of a deal. I do love his markings & he is totally adorable!! GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I didn't want a boy until Godric plopped into sights. Now I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm so happy to have a boy.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts