Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with my brother that is...:shock:

when my brother used to live with me and my parents he had a tendency to yell at dexter whenever he pooped/peed in the wrong place. it wasn't small yells it was very loud ones so now whenever my brother comes over dexter is always always always barking at him when he goes through the door...:tard:

tonight brother came over and mom was holding onto dexter. my brother tries a bit to pet him but not too much because he's allergic. so when he tried to even touch his head....dexter nibbled on his hand showing his teeth at the sametime but no growls...i have never ever seen him do that before, interesting! :toothy5: poor dexter...atleast he didnt bite his hand off which i know he can easily do:mad:

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
He thinks he's protecting himself, maybe? Not sure of your Brother's intentions?

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He thinks he's protecting himself, maybe? Not sure of your Brother's intentions?
havent a clue i just know that dexter sniffs him once in a while but never bellysup to him at all not like the rest of the family. even twds my bro's wife he bellysup wanting rubs....but not my bro lol o.o

after he did that tonight dexter backed away from him, towards the back of my dad's legs and just stared at him walkin in a weird way. everytime my bro comes back from being downstairs he always gets barked at too :lol:

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Get em' Dex!!! :lol: Dogs have a very good sense of people. Sounds like Bro upset him terribly at some point. Ole' meanie! :lol:

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get em' Dex!!! :lol: Dogs have a very good sense of people. Sounds like Bro upset him terribly at some point. Ole' meanie! :lol:
lol thats what im guessing too, he would always tell me that he pooped on the carpet downstairs LOL...and that's where he used to live.

also i have to add in, whenever dexter is called "babo" in korean which is Stupid in english....he puts his ears all the way back and growls....i just think its so funny! he understand korean more than english....my mom talks to dexter a bunch while im at work lol....mom did that to him today and got growled at LOL, sometimes he'll even bark to protest that he's not stupid :hello1:

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
lol thats what im guessing too, he would always tell me that he pooped on the carpet downstairs LOL...and that's where he used to live.

also i have to add in, whenever dexter is called "babo" in korean which is Stupid in english....he puts his ears all the way back and growls....i just think its so funny! he understand korean more than english....my mom talks to dexter a bunch while im at work lol....mom did that to him today and got growled at LOL, sometimes he'll even bark to protest that he's not stupid :hello1:
Poor baby!!!! Awwwwww! Him not toopid, Mama! He is one smart boy!!!!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Pidge I don't think it's good he's doing this growling teeth nipping etc isn't good he's showing signs of fear aggression if it carries on he's gonna bite HARD which will cause more problems with your family and what if he does it to a stranger??

Speak to your brother and next time he's over don't hold dexter let him sniff him get your bro to drop treats by him so he starts associating your brother with good things

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Pidge I don't think it's good he's doing this growling teeth nipping etc isn't good he's showing signs of fear aggression if it carries on he's gonna bite HARD which will cause more problems with your family and what if he does it to a stranger??

Speak to your brother and next time he's over don't hold dexter let him sniff him get your bro to drop treats by him so he starts associating your brother with good things
I agree. Boss has horrible fear aggression. And I don't think there's any way to reverse it at this point. You should nip this in the bud asap or it could escalate to a behavior you most certainly do not want.

And as for your brother yelling at him when he pooped/peed on the carpet..I'd have punched him. That's just me though I guess lol.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
If a dog senses fear for a legitimate reason, they will become aggressive. Since you say it is only around your Brother, I would have a little talk with Bro. I would let him know that whatever it is/was that he did to Dexter, was unacceptable. Bro needs to show Dex that he is not the "enemy," and he has no reason to fear him. This may solve your problem quite quickly. I don't think you can teach a dog not to be fear aggressive if someone is yelling/hollering in their face. It would be different if there was no cause behind it, and aimed at more than one person. But that's just my opinion. If someone is yelling in my face, I’d be prone to growl too. :lol: I think training goes hand in hand with trust.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. He would never do it to a stranger unless they were mean to him first. Even the annoyjng guests that always comes over just get barks and growls but no teeth. Dexter is a goodboy! When im not home he wont bark as much either....hes always protectin me lol. If someone comes over when im gone and my dad is still home dexter would just stay in our room and stay away. He never takes treats from strangers thats why that method wont work with him. Even if my bfs mom whom dexter loves gives a treat by hand he wont take it....but in a bowl is a different story he takes it. When my bro makes food for dexter sometimes he ends up eating it...its weird :albino:

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Aww, poor Dexter. Sounds like he's a bit scared of your brother. Poor guy...I guess it serves him right. He has a lot of making up to do! :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts