Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so like most babies she is fine when she is with me. I have 2 crates set up the one inside where they sleep, and I also have an exercise pen set up out the front about 3 metres from my deck. I put Izzy in the pen when I am out side and not playing with her. She is only 3 meters away from me and she screams the entire time she is in there. The longest she has been in there is 25 mins she is still in there as I type this, and STILL screaming...AND HOWLING?? Anyone known of a chi to howl?? I mean like a wolf lol head up and all :)
I have been ignoring her, and she just gets louder! Lets hope she quietens soon.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also wanted to add that she has ALOT of attitude! I noticed while she is in there screaming, she is getting her blanket and shaking it and screaming at the same time. Almost like she is throwing a tantrum !

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Both of mine howl! They do it with their daddy every night...

It does sound like she's throwing a temper tantrum. Manipulative little things, aren't they?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I 100% agree she is chucking a tantrum lol I have never seen a pup do that before.
When I picked her up yesterday my breeder warned me she has attitude, lol she was right!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
LOL Kizzie always does that with things but she's not mad she's just silly. Like when I take her potty she'll get her leash and go at it! Your little one does sound like she's throwing a tantrum LOL That's just funny to me but cute ;) She sure does sound like she has attitude! Little stinker!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
If Asia is in her pen and she doesn't like it, she will basically holler at us with these short little barks, as if to say "pick me up, pick me up!" she is our only one to do this, though. Trigger was our screamer, he screamed ALL NIGHT LONG for the first 8 days we had him (oh yes, I counted)...at night we had to put him in his crate in another room, because he just would not stop. She will get used to where she is and start to feel at home and the crying/yarping will stop eventually.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Paco, Howls at the dog park with the sirens go off. He gets the whole park howling, yup, head up and all. It's very funny to see the whole park of little dogs howling.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
My youngest one at 10 years old,still cries, howls and winges etc to come out of her area,i spoilt her as a pup and its still happening,out of the chis i have had over 28 years she is the only one who has got away with it.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If Asia is in her pen and she doesn't like it, she will basically holler at us with these short little barks, as if to say "pick me up, pick me up!" she is our only one to do this, though. Trigger was our screamer, he screamed ALL NIGHT LONG for the first 8 days we had him (oh yes, I counted)...at night we had to put him in his crate in another room, because he just would not stop. She will get used to where she is and start to feel at home and the crying/yarping will stop eventually.
Far out I do hope Izzabella does not carry on for 8 nights.
I took her out of the pen after 30 mins she was so worked up she was sweating and her heart was racing. What do you think a safe time to leave her for is, with her carrying on so hysterical?
This is the ourdoor pen. Inside she is fine in that pen but Honey is in with her as its bed time

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I would do everything you can to tire her out before she goes into her pen. You want her to be comfortable there, and if its where she does a lot of sleeping, she will learn to love it. Play with her, give her chewies, have her run around as much as you can get her to, etc.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Teddy is my screamer. He will cry and howl with a toy in his mouth, like, oh, please let me out and i'll play with you. Almost every night he will put up a fuss when it's bedtime, but lately it's only for 10-15 minutes, then he's fine. Bear just settles down and goes to sleep. Teddy has always been a screamer starting when he was 3 weeks old and Marmalade would go out to pee for a few minutes.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would do everything you can to tire her out before she goes into her pen. You want her to be comfortable there, and if its where she does a lot of sleeping, she will learn to love it. Play with her, give her chewies, have her run around as much as you can get her to, etc.
This is exactly what I have been doing, but as soon as I put her in there BOOM she carries on. I am sure (well I hope) this is a short term thing :)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Teddy is my screamer. He will cry and howl with a toy in his mouth, like, oh, please let me out and i'll play with you. Almost every night he will put up a fuss when it's bedtime, but lately it's only for 10-15 minutes, then he's fine. Bear just settles down and goes to sleep. Teddy has always been a screamer starting when he was 3 weeks old and Marmalade would go out to pee for a few minutes.
thats good he is now down to 10-15 mins :)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Widget was my big screamer who just simply would not give it up. I got him to quiet by moving his crate into whatever room I was in for a couple weeks. Being in the same room with me seemed to help a lot, and he quieted down. Once he was going into his crate and staying there quietly, I moved it back to its own room and he was fine.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
None of mine ever howled, the closest thing Fern ever did as a puppy was actually meow like a cat lol!!! And would make a noise just like she was saying mama mama lol. She doesn't do it anymore, it was only for the first 3 days we had her. I wish I would have recorded it:)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Widget was my big screamer who just simply would not give it up. I got him to quiet by moving his crate into whatever room I was in for a couple weeks. Being in the same room with me seemed to help a lot, and he quieted down. Once he was going into his crate and staying there quietly, I moved it back to its own room and he was fine.
even if I am in the room she does it, that actually makes her worse :(

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
None of mine ever howled, the closest thing Fern ever did as a puppy was actually meow like a cat lol!!! And would make a noise just like she was saying mama mama lol. She doesn't do it anymore, it was only for the first 3 days we had her. I wish I would have recorded it:)
I think I may just charge my video camera lol I forgot I had one :)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i know someone else who does the same thing lol
I phoned Dianne and she said she was fine and was always kept in a pen there, with no issues. She said but she always had friends in there with her.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts