Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is awful....Bosco attacked Lola. It was awful - he wouldn't let go of her! She has a big red puffy area on the side of her snout. I think it was because of a rawhide but I'm not sure. The whole thing seemed un-provoked. She is now scared of him and tucks her tail and hides under the chair when she is around him. However they did lay together in bed and snoozed for a couple hours after it happened. She just won't walk around when he is also there.

I am also scared for them to play together. How should I re-acquaint them so they begin to play together again? How can I get Lola to trust Bosco again? HELP!!

P.S. Lola is fine; her snout is just a little sore.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Oh poor Lola, is big brother being a meany-pants? :)

When mine get into little tifts like that, I just seperate them and then a while later I let them go together again and they act like nothing happened. But since she's scared of Bosco now, I wouldn't know how to handle that. :)

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Oh no! Poor Lola. :( I'm glad she's not hurt too badly. Mine never fought when they were as small as her so I don't know what to tell you. If it looks like things are getting too serious between them now I just say Hey! and they cut it out. Usually when it does get serious it is over a rawhide though.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Poor Lola, try not to baby her too much, because Bosco will not like that and they will get over it in time. She just has to know who the alpha is and he will try to assert that. You might have tried the alpha roll on him when it happened to let him know that they are both under you. She will be cautious for a short time, but they forget quickly, especially when they are puppies. I know it is difficult when we try to put our values on the animal kingdom. :wave:

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Oh wow! Bosco has a rough side huh? Mikey only gets aggressive w/ Kismet over rawhides too. I think Kismet has learned Mikey's behavior a little like I have. You can tell when he is in a good mood and when he's not. Sometimes she'll fight him over the rawhide but when he is not in the mood to play around it's like she knows and she backs off.
I don't know what I would do in your situation as I am sure Lola is smaller than Bosco so you don't want to let them go at it. See, Kismet has pretty much outgrown Mikey so she can handle her self. Of course I never let it get too serious. Like SC does I usually yell hey real loud if I hear fiesty growling.
I'm glad she's not hurt too bad. What Quickdog said does make sense. :(

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Wow that surprises me :shock: ......I am glad Lola is ok. The most things Kemo and Bindi fight over is food--it can get pretty nasty. I imagine things will smooth over soon enough. Let us know what happens :(

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
yeah I have to be careful with chew etc with my 2 as they both get very possesive poor ozzy only has to look in lilys direction when she has her chew and she will really growl at him - I only ever give them their fave chews ie :pigs ears when there is someone to observe incase they start scrapping - lol keep us updated :wave:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well it looks like they worked everything out. They slept together that night and the next morning they were playing as usual. She isn't scared of him anymore.

I think it's those darn pig ears...we aren't going to give them any more rawhides. It is the only thing Bosco is really really possessive of.

Lola's sore is healing up - I can tell a difference even today, it is not nearly as red.

Thanks everyone for the reassurance and support! :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Eeewwwww, I think that I will pass on that...they do not look very good to me.
But my chis just love them. They tend to try to hord them. Since I have the 4 girls together, it is funny to watch. I give one to each of them and then the game starts. They steal from each other and try to hord, but when you leave your stash, someone else gets it and you have to start over. It is pretty funny to watch. Pretty soon, they all settle down with their own and all is quiet for a while.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Awwww poor little girl...those big brothers can be a real pain.

Sounds like the exact same thing Kylie did to my mom's dog. Since Kylie is on a diet she is very posessive of her food...well she got a bone and Sammie (my moms papillon) wanted it and she attacked him...bad enough where I had to take him right into the vet to have the bite wounds cleaned and wrapped. Poor guy didnt know what to do with Kylie after that. But now they are pals again...just cant have food on the floor with Kylie.

Glad to hear Lola is okay...poor girl

-Jessica

1 - 15 of 15 Posts