Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left for 2 doctor appointments and put Hope in her "day care". Came back and she was in her bed, sound asleep. Checked her pad (I was only gone 1.5 hours) and she had pottied an I saw a tiny drop of blood that had soaked into the pad. Of course, I panicked. I called the vet and they asked how she was acting. Fine. Wild. Eating great, drinking fine and she has always been a good sleeper.

I told them that I had been changing over her food for the last 8-9 days and last night I moved her to 100% new food.

They said to watch her but she is likely fine. If not, they will see her immediately.

Your thoughts and experience, please??

·
Registered
8 Posts
you mean she pooped al little drop of blood??
Or pee blood?

( srry im not english ;) )

if she pooped al little drop it can be off the changing her food.
my dogs had it also 1 time.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sorry I have no experience to share but I hope someone else does, My heart goes out to use I'm sure she'll be fine! It's so hard when these things happen you always assume the worst, I'll keep my fingers crossed for little hope! :D!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I'd wait til her next stool if there is blood then take her to the vet if not it's probably just a fluke if they have bloody stools it's normally noticeable one of mine has had bloody jelly pouring out her bum even without having a BM so for now I wouldn't worry

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
It could be because now that she is 100% eating her new food. Her stool could be a bit hard when she tried to poop It came a bit of blood.
If she is behaving normally i wouldn't worry and as Daisydoo said just see if the next stool has blood again than take her to the vet. Its better to be safe than sorry.

Keep as updated please.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YAY! She has gone twice since and NO blood!

With just losing our boy, I am a bit paranoid and overly cautious with her! I will be watchful for a bit still.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
OK...we have had lots of experience with this with Lulubelle. Lulubelle has an occasional bout with colitis. I freaked out when I started happening and it happened on occasions when I had to change her food around or if she had to take a new med. (She has had lots of food allergies) The vet said it can be quit common in dogs with allergies, sensitive tummies, and dogs that take medication daily. He said it can happen when changing to new foods or being very stressed out from changes, travel or being nervous or scared about something.
Lulubelle has severe colitis and sometime diarrhea (jelly like) and when it flares up her pad will have large spotches of blood and mucous. We keep on hand her medication (a pepcid) and another med. that she takes 30 min. before eating and the colitis calms down within the day. She gets this about every 2 months or so and it just happens with no real rhyme or reason.
Just keep an eye on her and if it happens again or gets worse, ask the doctor about colitis and the meds for it.
Good luck with your little one...let us know how she is doing:)
Darlene

1 - 8 of 8 Posts