Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 15 lb chi mix tore a hole in my leather (!!!) purse and ate 2 heartgard plus tabs tonight while we were at Walmart. Should we be worried?

This is the same naughty dog that wayyyy overate about a month ago when she got into the upstairs apartment and gobbled the standard poodless food.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Ring the vet - I am not sure what Heartgard tablets are, I don't think we have them here, but if ever your chi eats tablets of any type, a call to the vet is the very first thing you should do.

Hope she is ok.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ring the vet - I am not sure what Heartgard tablets are, I don't think we have them here, but if ever your chi eats tablets of any type, a call to the vet is the very first thing you should do.

Hope she is ok.
Package doesn't really say much about overdose...their website says something to the effect of watch for dizziness or vomiting, neither of which happened.

I called the vet this morning and he said she should be okay.

I couldn't call last night because we live in a town where there is no emergency vet service...kind of stressful in a situation like that!

So far she seems to be just fine...that dog is unbelievable. We are in the process of moving and I wanted to be sure to put the tablets somewhere she couldn't get at them because I know how much she likes them. Well, I am out a purse but luckily not out a dog. :-/

·
Registered
3,403 Posts

Hope she is ok.
Heart guard is a tablet for dogs, they take one per month to prevent heartworm. They taste really good to dogs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts