Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry: :cry: Your advise is all very helpful, thankyou so much for it. But when I said I take him out thats for half an hour walks, I let him out in my back garden evry half hour or so Im so worried he will have an accident. I say like go potty now and he wont. Then I pick im up and he will pee mid air, on me. At night I let him sleep in my en-suite, then in the morning he runs over to my bed and pees on it whilst im getting organised. My mum is the one who says he may have to go for he is interupting my school work, (im home schooled) I dont want to give up on him! I love him SO much he is my ickle little baby an i couldnt imagine him being away from me even after a week.
I dont know what to do???
How long will it take for him to adjust????

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
It's going to take time. I spend lot's and lot's of time w/ my 2 puppies(w/ house breaking..it's very time consuming, but I am a stay at home mom so I have the time). They are 8 mths old and 4 mths old. They for the most part are house broken but they even have the occasional accident. It's doesn't miraculously happen over night. You have to teach him what you approve of and what you don't. He has a big change in his life.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I agree it takes time and a ton of patience! These little Chi's need alot of time and attention. You need to keep him confined as much as possible untill he gets the "hang" of it. It will take 6months to one year before he is considered potty trained. Yes, it is very time consuming! and easier if you are home with them as much as possible. Keep your chin up, it will get better :wink:

sandra

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Gosh good luck with your mom--but maybe if you keep your grades up she will be more understanding.....she had to know there would be an adjustment time. :(

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Potty training is a big time chore... for both you and your pup... it will be hard on him if he doesn't know where to go.... My Gadget has to places in the house one in the livingroom and on in the bedroom... somedays he does everything perfectly and goes on his potty pad every time he goes and there is days that he just misses the pads and there are times he goes where he's not suppose to go...

I suggest you get some potty pads (ecspecially for at night) and put them down so that he has a place to go for when you can't take him out.

Gadget is too young yet to go outside but I am hoping when he is older to start the outside potty training but I plan on keeping his pads in the house so he has someplace to go in case I am doing something when he needs to go out.

Good luck :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts