Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may have read in my previous thread, Kelsey gave birth to 5 beautiful babies 4 weeks ago tomorrow.

As we have decided not to breed again and due to the stress of finding the perfect forever homes, we decided to keep one of the babies as we were not having any more pups.

However, good news and bad really, our daughter who is at home during the day has found a house and will be moving out at the beginning of July. Great news for her and her daughter but we have had lengthy discussions about the dogs.

All of our dogs are use to being at home whilst I am at work for part of the day, but I feel it totally wrong to leave a puppy.

All of the other 4 puppies have found forever perfect homes but I have our little angel to consider.

I telephoned a lady who had contacted me a while back to inform her that there is a very special little girl available.

All she could say was "ok, I'll call you in a couple of days when I have decided". My gut instinct is to say forget it and I will go and seek an alternative home or should I give her the benefit of the doubt and wait and see. All my other new mummys and daddys have been so excited, especially when they have received pics from me. I have been posting them pictures on a weekly basis so they can build a photo album in readiness for their new arrivals. It is just that this lady seems so laid back about the whole thing.

Should I forget her and advertise my little angel or wait to see what she says?

Any feelings on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I would wait untill you are totally sure you have found the right Family for your special little baby. If there is even a tiny bit of doubt.....dont do it. I'm sure that you will find that extra special Family to place this little Chi in. :) They will be jumping up and down with excitment to have her. :)

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Since you have other dogs why not keep the puppy? I mean they will keep each other company etc etc. Alot of us work and have puppies.... :D

As far as that lady goes if its not sitting right with you now, I'd say keep looking :?

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Give her to me instead :D ...................no seriously though, she doesnt sound too interested does she, my first thought was is she going to use her breed from when shes older :(

·
Registered
634 Posts
That's hard. I think I would go with my gut instinct. If you don't *feel* this woman will be the perfect home for your baby, just say you've changed your mind.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
As far as that lady goes if its not sitting right with you now, I'd say keep looking

Took the word right out of my mouth. I would find her home where you wont be worrying if she really was wanted or not. :wink:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Please go with your gut, something tells me this woman just isn't right. The right mommy would be excited!!!!!! I know I am excited about my little one and if someone wasn't excited I wouldn't trust them.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I would go with the gut too. If someone told me I was going to get a puppy I'd be bouncing off walls, and set an appt. that instant. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
yeah why don't keep it ?? how old are the puppy's ??

when paris and vienna were three months old when i got them i stayed at home one week for them ...and then tthey would stay at home alone ...and that went pretty well !!
oh yeah i brought vienna the second week to my mom's because she had hypoglycemia...but after that she stayed at home too .
they have eachothers company ...so they never cry when i leave them and they don't molest the house :D

kisses nat

·
Registered
84 Posts
Honestly, I did almost the same thing with Tansy. I contacted the breeder on a bit of a whim, asking if the girls were still available, and she said they were; it took me almost a week to get back to her, because I wasn't sure if I could afford it. $500 was a LOT for us. So, there might just plain be other things going on that you don't know about. You can always ask, tell her your concerns, and go from there. Most people would be very understanding- and if she's NOT understanding, you definitely don't want that kind of home for your baby!

kelseysmum said:
All she could say was "ok, I'll call you in a couple of days when I have decided". My gut instinct is to say forget it and I will go and seek an alternative home or should I give her the benefit of the doubt and wait and see. All my other new mummys and daddys have been so excited, especially when they have received pics from me. I have been posting them pictures on a weekly basis so they can build a photo album in readiness for their new arrivals. It is just that this lady seems so laid back about the whole thing.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Go with your gut instinct. Mines usually right. And keep the puppy yourself. The other dogs will keep it company :wink:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Whether you're right or wrong, if you don't go with your gut, you're gonna be laying awake worrying about it a month later. So, I'd listen to my instincts and find another home.

Actually, :lol: I'd probably keep the puppy. If you have other dogs they'll keep him company so he won't feel sad or lonely. They'll also watch over him and most likely help train him.

Good luck with your decision. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree with all of you. She hasn't contacted me today so as far as I'm concerned she is not having one of our babies.

Myself and OH have had a chat this afternoon and due to our future circumstances, we are going to find her a home rather than keep her. :(

I am really sad about this but I know it is the best thing for her.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ahh, you are so brave, thinking with your heart what is the best thing for your pup. Unfortunately, that makes you the very type of owner that she would be best with :) . But I am sure you will find the right home, I agree with everyone else on here, that chi's are so adorable and hard to come by (maybe not so much in the US!), that any new owner should be ecstatic and excited to be getting one :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
You made a difficult and wise choice I would be certain not to home it though unless papers state no breeding rights and the pup gets Spayed. I would hate to see it turn into a breeder for reasons we all despise

1 - 19 of 19 Posts