Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw the thread where Caitlyn was asking for help with a siggy pic thingy. I want one! However, I am seriously picture challenged! What is needed for someone to make one for me? I know I need a couple of pictures but I don't know how to get them from the camera into a post. I seriously don't even know how I got the little avatar (???) one that shows up when I post.

Can someone hold my hand and walk me through how to get the pics where they need to be so I can have a cool siggy thingy?? I use to not be so challenged but my old computer that had the full blown professional version of photoshop cs3 died and I cannot figure out how to upload or link pics anymore.

My other challenge is that my puppy is jet black which makes taking pics of her difficult. She just blends into whatever she is on (but I can figure that part out.)

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I just saw the thread where Caitlyn was asking for help with a siggy pic thingy. I want one! However, I am seriously picture challenged! What is needed for someone to make one for me? I know I need a couple of pictures but I don't know how to get them from the camera into a post. I seriously don't even know how I got the little avatar (???) one that shows up when I post.

Can someone hold my hand and walk me through how to get the pics where they need to be so I can have a cool siggy thingy?? I use to not be so challenged but my old computer that had the full blown professional version of photoshop cs3 died and I cannot figure out how to upload or link pics anymore.

My other challenge is that my puppy is jet black which makes taking pics of her difficult. She just blends into whatever she is on (but I can figure that part out.)

Thanks.
i can do it! :D if you take the pics (Dont worry if black i can fix it :p) then u upload to photobucket and then copy the IM i think code and post! if you want me to make on just pm me with the pics , theme and colours :) x

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Photoshop CS5 I have but RARELY use..... my preference is Photoshop Elements10....

BTW, I think you have to have 75 posts before you can request a siggy but you can make your own anytime!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for letting me know I am breaking the law!! I always manage to find a way to do something wrong. I can just wait until I have enough posts. It may take me that long to take the pictures anyway.

And it's weird. Before the computer crashed (and before the divorce) I used to help the ex who was a photographer do some of his post-production and fix whatever he screwed up. I couldn't do a thing in ps elements but could handle CS like a champ. Now I can't even figure out how to get the pics from the camera to the computer, resize them, upload them, etc. It's almost like he got my brain in the divorce too (he got everything else, so why not, right???) :) I really, really miss my old computer. This one can't handle ps CS. Maybe one day when I win the lottery...

Thanks for the offer and the headsup. Y'all rock.

Amy

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I always manage to find a way to do something wrong.
Thanks for the offer and the headsup. Y'all rock.

Amy
Girl, you sound like me. I am the queen of technologically challenged! lol The easiest (and I sincerely mean that-haha) way to get by and have a siggy because I didn't want to wait until I had enough posts was to sign up to photobucket, download your pics from "my pictures" to photobucket, use the edit to make your own (there are tons of new ways to make a darling siggy--they don't compare to some but they will do until you get enough post), then copy the siggy you make and paste it in the edit signature area under the user cp section on the website. You have to wait several hours after you make the siggy in photobucket for it to work though. Now, to get photos from your camera to your computer--some computers have a place in the side you can pull the SD card out of the camera and put it in the computer--if yours doesn't you are going to have to get a USB cord to attach your camera to your computer and use software to make both compatable. If you can take the pic on your cell and email it to yourself then download to "my pictures." Hope all this helps.

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
LOL... 'breakin' the law'...... you already have 50 posts so 15 more won't take you much time!!! we all can get started on some for you and when you post the pics we can set them on the siggys...... do you have certain colors, themes that you like??

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. Have been trying to get pics but the camera is not cooperating. I hope to have some soon. Thanks again.

Amy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts