Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just Waterpiked my dog's teeth! So worried about her dental health I thought it was worth a try. She was surprisingly good (wrapped in a towel). Now I am off to clean the bathroom! Hahahahaha!!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It did work well! I am also going to start using the CET rinse. She will be getting her own waterpik! :)

This is my little girl that was previously on raw. Only just started feeding bones though so she still had some pretty bad dental problems (lots of cleanings and extractions). She has liver issues so vet is worried about future anesthesia. Plus now she has to be on low protein food which means much more starch/carbs which don't do her teeth any favors.

So I just decided to try it. Messy, but I think it is going to be a big help! :)

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Well I'll be darned, I'd never heard of these home oral irrigators before, did a google for waterpik and now have 2 units coming that connect either to the shower or faucet outlet. What a fabulous invention, and how innovative to use it on your Chi. I have a massive handbasin in the bathroom so will be able to do the Chi's as well :)

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
OMG!! There would be no way Midgie would stay still long enough for me to waterpik her!! Haha Your post paints a vivid picture for me of you trying to hold your chi as well as the waterpik & your chi trying to get away while the water's spraying everywhere. Lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts