Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did alot of research on blue chihauhuas and alot of em seem to go bald! Well im getting a blue/ white/tan long coat baby girl and I don't want this to happen! Her dad is dull black tan white long coat beautiful dog! And her mamma is red/white LC pretty girl..so will my baby go bald??? Omg I'm so worried now!!! :confused::( when I saw my baby girl her coat was thick and gorgeous also..

·
Registered
204 Posts
I heard about the blue chi have bald spots, but I also read a handful of members on here who have blue chi don't have bald spots.

I have a "silver blue long haired chi girl (that's the colour registered in her pedigree and KC). Her Mum is a long hair fawn and her Dad is a long hair blue / fawn. My girl will be 2 in the Summer and so far she still have lots of hair but no bald spots. Her fur texture is finer than my other long hair though.

Don't worry about even if yours have bald spots, you will just love her just as much.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
It's hard to know for sure unless she was very carefully bred. I have two blues who aren't bald. Matilda has a bit of CDA & only has a bit of thinning on her head & on top of her tail. She also has the dark blue/coarse fur down her back & the rest of her is lighter in color & almost plush feeling. You'd never knew there was an issue with her though really. Marley has a wonderful double coat...nice & thick! Matilda's parents were BOTH dilutes (mom chocolate & dad blue spotted on white) so I'm sure that has something to do with it. Marleys mom was dark blue & his dad was black.

I'd not worry too much. I don't think it's COMMON for them to be completely bald. More often they have thin patches or bald patches rather than their entire bodies loosing fur.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts