Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay. Perhaps I am having too much fun! PICS ADDED!!

My house is vintage. Shabby, cottage/cabin looking decor.

Once I was adding water to my girl's food, their stainless dishes rubber bottoms were getting gross so my search began.

I could not picture some non-vintage wear sitting out.

So. I found a cute milk glass bowl at a local thrift store that I thought would be perfect for water. That search lead me to ebay where I bought a set (6) of the cutest 12 ounce milk glass little dishes that look like tiny casserole dishes. Even have little flat tab "handles" on each side. Like what you'd use to make individual pot pies or macaroni and cheese.

Those will be their food dishes. They are nice and old (unlike the thin stuff of today) and are Fire King so they can be hot or cold and even dishwasher washed.

I am already a glassware addict. Cake plates, sugars and creamers and such are everywhere in my home. Dishes for the girls could be next!

I'll have to post a photo some time. Oh, dear, I may need help...haha!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here is a picture of Ruby eating out of one of her new dishes this morning. The other pic is just for size reference. The little dishes are SOOO cute!! They wash so easily and even though they are quite old they look as if they have never been used! I also like that they are shallow. Only perhaps 1.5" tall.

My mom rolled her eyes (when she and my dad were over last weekend) after I showed her the bowls on ebay. She added that the next time they came over she'd have to "bring the dogs some of her Waterford pieces". I annoyed her more by saying "GREAT"!!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Very cute!! Mine eat out of little Fiestaware bowls hahaha. I have to wash their dishes every single time they eat so holy crap we do a lot of dog dishes! Yours are adorable!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
well, you needed something that fit in with your house right?
I bet there are LOTS of us on here that have bought special dishes (real people dishes) for their dogs. lol I have too, mine are only stone ware with pretty blue flowers on them.

·
Registered
768 Posts
haha ur my kind of girl, i love old vintage/shabby bits and bobs! im forever looking on ebay to see what bargins i can get! love the dishes :D

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Super cute dishes! What a great idea!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi karen i love them perfect size i think youve got a good idea on preferance to food bowls per person and chihs

·
Registered
25 Posts
The things we'll do for our dogs (and our decor!) Lol. The food and water dish I have for Honey weren't chosen for "blending" with my decor, but rather for cuteness and size. Being that she's such a small dog, she doesn't eat a very large quantity of food. While food and water dish shopping for her when I first got her I was having a difficult time finding small enough dishes. The amount of food she eats at each feeding just looked silly in all of the bowls I looked at. So I started looking on the "small pet" aisle of my local pet supply stores. Yeah, my chi definitely eats and drinks out of hamster bowls. Lol. I love them, though. And they are perfect for the amount of food and water she needs!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So what I have determined is that I am no more crazy nor over the top than any of the rest of you! I am in good company.

Oh, the link. Now did I really need that?? haha! Now I want one of those beds!!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Oh yeah...lets face it, bowls, beds etc. were all nuts here rofl!! But what a way to go nuts :)

So what I have determined is that I am no more crazy nor over the top than any of the rest of you! I am in good company.

Oh, the link. Now did I really need that?? haha! Now I want one of those beds!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts