Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Dogs do not follow that human trait of sexual pleasure. The female has to be in season for the male to be drawn to and "tie" with her. I have never seen a neutered male tie with a female.(And I have been around dogs all of my life-my mom was a breeder). I have heard of an intact male tying with a female out of season, but that is rare. Usually neutering takes away the sexual drive. But the "humping" is a dominance thing thru and thru. Both sexes do it.
My spayed females do not put up with Riley bothering them, they usually will let him follow them around and sniff, but go any farther than that and they put him in his place. Some of them are a little rougher than others. They can be vicious when they do not like what he is doing and they let him know.
I have three intact females and they are his territory. He watches over them like a hawk. I have a female in season at this time and he is with her at all times, when we are outside. But he knows that when I say "no" that is exactly what it means. So I am still the alpha...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.