Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was younger, I had heard about this thing called "Old Age." I assumed it was a myth. Adults lie a lot more than they like to admit. Let's face it.
Turns out it's not a myth, go figure...In a previous post about plastic surgery, I went off on a tangent about my sagging breasts. I'm over that, really. Well, sort of. *sigh* okay, so I don't cry myself to sleep about it. Anymore.

I also had heard this ugly rumor about fair hair/skinned people getting dark facial hair, boy did I laugh...Now I'm laughing all the way to the bathroom to tweeze not one black hair from my chin, but THREE. My middle child DJ said to me "Mumma, you gutta beeeerd yike Da duz." I gritted my teeth and smiled at my precious little boy. Oh ya, he's real cute. I sat there, smugly thinking of all the nekkid baby piccies I have of him and how his future girlfriends will love to see them. A mother never forgets Dear Child of Mine...

While removing my make up I saw the strangest thing. A true oddity. I wiped downward underneath my eye causing a few wrinkles. Normal...a second later I looked up and they were still there! I got real close to the mirror. I backed up real far. Still there. But I found a cure. Ha! I surely did. I shut that confounded light out and Poof! Gone! HA! As someone once said "at least they don't hurt."

I walked into the kitchen and I went to grab....Oh heck! WHAT did I go in there for? I went back into the livingroom, retracing my steps, to help me remember. Nope gone. Must not've been important anyway. I sit back down on the sofa, and reach to take a sip of my coffee. It's empty. Huh...odd.

While having intimacy with my husband, I threw my hip out of whack.
"WHOA, Hang on Hun...Oh boy... oww, owww, oww." Well, so much for that.

What's so strange though, is I can distinctly remember a time when I thought that 50 was old. My mother is 50 now. She doesn't look old. In fact, she just pierced her naval. Seven children and the woman looks amazing.

I don't just get out of bed in the morning anymore. My body sounds very much like a bowl of Rice Krispies. Snap, Crackle, Pop. And then I do they Old lady shuffle around the house till I loosen up. *sigh*

Used to be able to read street signs from way off. Not anymore. The routine now is "pass the street then turn around."

There are other little things that I just can't think of right now, but please feel free to share if you have any of your own getting older experiences

Love Stacy

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I was going to look in the mirror but i couldnt find my glasses (found them a couple hours later, they were on top of my head). :?

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Gee, I was going to reply to this but I forget why I sat at the computer... I can never find my glasses aand the lights don't work.... The kitchen???? What is that? Don't know why I would even need that room..

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Tell me about it!!! I have a headset which plugs into our portable phones. I wanted to phone our son about something last night before I forgot, but didn't want to stop what I was doing so went and got the headset, plugged it into the phone and went to dial the number but hung up because I couldn't for the life of me remember what I was calling him about. I only remembered what it was this morning! :? Hehehe, I keep telling hubby I must be catching his Alzheimers, cos' he's just as bad! :D

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
What in the world are all of you talking about? Just because I have a cane in the car for when my hip refuses to support me and 2 pairs of glasses (one of which is bifocals) and forgetting why I' got up or what I'm doing in a room is common I'm most certainly not old, I'm just well seasoned.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
Hi, my name is Rachael and I'm new here... at least I don't think I've been here before... have I??? :scratch: Well, anyway, I have a chi and her name is, um, well, she's really cute, I know that because I'm looking right at her. :?
Are you sure that's not a cat?? She looks like a cat to me. Wait... I may be looking through the wrong part of my trifocals...

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I just turned 45 and all of the above symptoms apply except that I feel the best I have ever felt! :lol:

You know that when you are in your twenties, there is so much pressure...pressure to study, to find a good job, get a career.

In my thirties I was busy raising the kids, supporting my husband and worrying about the mortgage payments.

And now the 40's...ok so I have afew wrinkles and I ache in the mornings more than usual...but I feel that, at last, I dont have to compete.I am me, this is how I am, I dont need to follow any fads, or worry that I am not behaving suitably! I feel free, adventurous and confidant...and whats more, I am comfortable with my body and I dont care what anyone else thinks!
SO YAY to being a 40 something!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
393 Posts
The scary thing is that I have most of those things (except the wrinkles) & I'm only 26! Oh, but I do have gray hair - about 30% gray!

However a lot of mine is from the CFS - it gives you aches & pains (& creaking joints) memory loss, & my eyesight & hearing are on the way down too!

Ah well, could be worse, at least I don't have wrinkles (yet) :twisted:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Camilla said:
I just turned 45 and all of the above symptoms apply except that I feel the best I have ever felt! :lol:

You know that when you are in your twenties, there is so much pressure...pressure to study, to find a good job, get a career.

In my thirties I was busy raising the kids, supporting my husband and worrying about the mortgage payments.

And now the 40's...ok so I have afew wrinkles and I ache in the mornings more than usual...but I feel that, at last, I dont have to compete.I am me, this is how I am, I dont need to follow any fads, or worry that I am not behaving suitably! I feel free, adventurous and confidant...and whats more, I am comfortable with my body and I dont care what anyone else thinks!
SO YAY to being a 40 something!!! :D :D :D
Camilla, I love, love, love your attitude! :D

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
It's really funny... I don't have any kids (other than Cooper and OmaKitty), I don't have a husband, I don't have a job, I don't have a mortgage payment, I don't have a car payment...

But I feel like I've got 6 kids under the age of 3 (all with ADHD), a husband that I really don't like much, a job I hate, a really big mortgage payment, all of that while trying to pay off my Lambourghini.

Maybe if I eat another bon bon, I'll feel better.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts