Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sorry if this site has been shared already--I've been to this website many times but just noticed this section. Maybe I missed it or maybe they just added it? I don't know but it was very cool to go through all the old photos & see that the variety in shape, size, head, muzzle length, etc in Chi's has not because of "bad breeding" (IMO anyway). It's simply the way it's always been at least as far back as these photos go. Kennel clubs just picked & chose the look they liked best & called it "correct"..or so it seems to me. haha

Anyway, I hope you enjoy as much as I did! :)

Vintage chihuahua photos pg 1...

**Edit to add**
I also found it interesting there weren't many LC Chi's in the photos. I know the LC was created by crossing something with the Chi (Pom or Papillon?...I can't remember details so if someone knows please post!) Very cool stuff!

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
How interesting,i don't think i ever knew a chihuahua or heard of them when i was young,I LONG TIME AGO.Thanks for that

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Very cool site, I've had it bookmarked since Zoey was a puppy but had forgotten about it.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Awesome link, thanks Heather!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Pretty cool. The Jayne Mansfield photo reminds me of Maxie.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I don't care what anyone says, LOL. The head shapes were different back when ;) And they were taller! its fascinating to see how a breed has changed.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I don't care what anyone says, LOL. The head shapes were different back when ;) And they were taller! its fascinating to see how a breed has changed.
I agree. I don't know how anyone can say otherwise really.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It does look like Maxie...I wanted to enlarge & save but I could only save the smaller version. LOL

I love that site & the genetic info is has on it as well. Very informational!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
so cool! love the one with the big bone and the one with the chi sitting on the bulldogs head. didnt someone on here say they were collecting vintage pics?

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Definitely agree about head shapes. And legs were very long too which is probably why they were a lot taller. Still see the tinies though which I didn't really expect since you always hear how people are breeding to be smaller. :)

LOL @ Rache...tell me about it! hahahaha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts