Chihuahua People Forum banner

Does your chihuahua pee or poop in the house?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Only on weewee pad or newspaper

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Sorry, mychibaby, I have to disagree with you on the pee pad issue. I started training Jasmine on the pads as soon as I brought her home at 8 weeks of age. She learned very quickly that this is where she is supposed to go. We used pads exclusively until she was a little over 3 months, and I started taking her outside. She will now go outside when I take her out, but I also leave the pads down at night, and if I am going to be gone for a while during the day, and she uses them. So, it is possible to train to do both.

When I went back to work April through June of this year, I was very glad she would use the pads. Sure saved my carpets!

Vida's mom, I'm not sure what to advise. I can tell you from my experience, and everything I've ever read on the subject, that patience and consistency are the keys to successful housebreaking. I also don't think that spanking your dog helps. There are a lot of ways to correct, without spanking. JMHO

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.