Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the name Olive came to me. I called it out and she came to me so Olive is her name :) I figured we can call her Livy or Liv. She is the sweetest dog I have ever met. Very well behaved and I love her to death. I have a couple pictures! Enjoy!

Olive made friends with the giant stuffed Turtle!

She looks long haired right? I'm trying to figure it out. Her mom was short hair so was her dad but she nad her brother looked more long haired

·
Registered
362 Posts
She's cute, and I have to support the name Olive- what with an Oliver of my own :D She looks like she has longer fur, but I'm not sure if she's an actual longhaired Chi.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that longhair is recessive in Chis, so it's possible for two short haired parents to have a longhaired pup, but only if both the parents carry longhair.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
WOW! SHe is stunning, she is on my list of Chi's to Puppy-Nap!
Yup, we might have to fight over who will puppy-nap her first. She is absolutely stunning! I love the name Olive. It just comes to you sometime and that is the name! Perfect name for a perfect little sweetheart!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Very cute. Olive if a perfect name for her. Does she like spinach? HA HA you know popeye and Olive. Have a good weekend.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
She is just a doll!! I love her! Olive is really cute for a name. Yay for black and tans! :)

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
She's cute, and I have to support the name Olive- what with an Oliver of my own :D She looks like she has longer fur, but I'm not sure if she's an actual longhaired Chi.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that longhair is recessive in Chis, so it's possible for two short haired parents to have a longhaired pup, but only if both the parents carry longhair.
Yes you are right.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Your Olive looks like she could have been my Milos litter mate! She looks an awful lot like Milo did when we brought him home. It took a couple of years, but he now has a long, silky coat. By the way... I love the name Olive. She is a doll!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Oh what lucky girls - you and Olive. I love the name!! She has the most adorable little face. Lily's name just came to me too - good choice. Post LOTS of pictures!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts