Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i havent uploaded pics of ollie for a while and you all havent yet seen pippin so here we go...............my babies!!! :D (hope this works lol)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would be very interested in what you all think of them both and whether you think they are 'standard' xxx

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awwww thanks peeps, i think so too :) and they get on soooooo well too i couldnt have wished for better chi's. I had a rough time finding them but i got there in the end!!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Ollie's quite long for a boy, males should be fairly short backed and only just slightly off-square so a teeny bit longer than tall. He has the better head of the two. He toes out a bit when he stands.

Pippin's got the better proportions but her head lacks a bit, she looks young and it may develop some, but the stop's not as sharp as it should be.

We can't really see either of them standing or stacked from the side, so its hard to comment on topline at all but that is really important.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Cute photos lol asking what people think is never a good idea, people will either lie to keep you happy or point out faults in you baby and upset you lol :p x

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ollie's quite long for a boy, males should be fairly short backed and only just slightly off-square so a teeny bit longer than tall. He has the better head of the two. He toes out a bit when he stands.

Pippin's got the better proportions but her head lacks a bit, she looks young and it may develop some, but the stop's not as sharp as it should be.

We can't really see either of them standing or stacked from the side, so its hard to comment on topline at all but that is really important.
I will try to get some side shots over the next few days.....just getting these pics were a mission lol

Thats interesting to hear what you say about Ollie....Pippin is only coming up 10 months but i do agree about her head but she has a great body on her! x

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cute photos lol asking what people think is never a good idea, people will either lie to keep you happy or point out faults in you baby and upset you lol :p x

LOL thanks hun i see what you mean but i honestly don't mind.....i find it interesting to here different views. I know they are both not spot on especially Pippin unless she decides to change as she grows but i very much doubt it lol and Ollie isn't perfect in a judges eye but they both are in mine ;)

so come on be brave whats ur verdict hun lol xx

·
Registered
881 Posts
LOL thanks hun i see what you mean but i honestly don't mind.....i find it interesting to here different views. I know they are both not spot on especially Pippin unless she decides to change as she grows but i very much doubt it lol and Ollie isn't perfect in a judges eye but they both are in mine ;)

so come on be brave whats ur verdict hun lol xx
Ahahaha lol I'm too nice lol ok bare in mind like Kiristi said its hard to tell from these photos, Ollie looks long in the back. good for bitches for holding pups not so much for dogs. Looks like he has a good head and nice big dark eyes, his rear angalation isn't great but I can't see very well in the photo also in one it looks like his topline is off (bit bum high), but again that could just be the angel. Pippins head is ok not the best but its correct (from the front photo shoot) her muzzle looks a little longer and her stop not so good, she has nice eyes and a nice body. Her coat might come in better when she's older (bitches tend to have less coat) but I would like to see more coat on Ollie.
Hope I wasn't horrible, every one likes to see different thing in a chi don't mean they are any less beautiful as a dog.
Ooo also I have a thing for pigmentation (ask sarah haha) and would of liked a darker nose on pippin, tho she is cream and white so its understandable :p

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Lmfao I was cringing waiting for louise to moan about her nose ahahahaha unless it's solid black she will not e happy fair enough

I agree with what everyone said pippins muzzle is long and and her stop is not prominent!! Ollies coat could so with a big boost and he does seem long.. Stack them and get hubby to take a pic Hun it's way easier to make a comment then!!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I have no idea about all the judge standard stuff! But just wanted to say they are both adorable :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ahahaha lol I'm too nice lol ok bare in mind like Kiristi said its hard to tell from these photos, Ollie looks long in the back. good for bitches for holding pups not so much for dogs. Looks like he has a good head and nice big dark eyes, his rear angalation isn't great but I can't see very well in the photo also in one it looks like his topline is off (bit bum high), but again that could just be the angel. Pippins head is ok not the best but its correct (from the front photo shoot) her muzzle looks a little longer and her stop not so good, she has nice eyes and a nice body. Her coat might come in better when she's older (bitches tend to have less coat) but I would like to see more coat on Ollie.
Hope I wasn't horrible, every one likes to see different thing in a chi don't mean they are any less beautiful as a dog.
Ooo also I have a thing for pigmentation (ask sarah haha) and would of liked a darker nose on pippin, tho she is cream and white so its understandable :p

OMG i cannot believe you wrote all that about my babies!!!!! :foxes15:

Only kidding LOL........ From what you have said i pretty much thought myself apart from ollie being long in the back i'd never really noticed that before and yes as i said before i am waiting patiently for his coat :? maybe its not coming :(

When i first saw pippin she was one of the biggest out of the litter, i had actually picked one of her sisters but the breeder decided to 'forget' and sold her to someone else! i wasnt impressed back then i can tell you lol so i then had to make the choice of pippin or her other sister and i picked pippin because by that time she actually had the best stop, muzzle and head out of all the girls. When it actually came to collecting her she ended up being the smallest of the girls even tho she was the biggest lol so it just goes to show how much they change lol also i'd never thought about her nose do you think that would go darker then hun?

So from your analysis would you say they are a breed standard chi with slight faults but just not 'show quality'?

·
Registered
881 Posts
I was picking faults along with the good, if you had a critique from a judge they would only write good and leave out the bad for every body to guess. I could sit and pick fault all night in my guys doesn't mean they are not to standard. I just see something that could be improved to make my view of a perfect chihuahua. For his coat try yumega in his food. They are defiantly to standard just we a few faults like every other dog on this forum. weather or not you think they are show quality is up to you some judges will like them some won't, I can go on a winning streak getting 1st in every class then at the next show get smacked down to earth with 3rd out of 3 at just a open show (haha that did happen) its if you think they are worth the early mornings, hundres of pounds it costs to enter and geting to the show ect then finding there are 12 dogs in the class who all look like the chihuahuas you see at crufts (because that's who it will be every show) a lot of people don't think there dogs are good enought and like the saying goes 'there are many a champion sat on a sofa some where'
Don't forget I'm no judge so don't take every word I say to heart a lot of other people will think different.
Oh ask kristi about the nose thing I believe there is some thing you can feed them to darken pigmentation, not 100% sure tho.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was picking faults along with the good, if you had a critique from a judge they would only write good and leave out the bad for every body to guess. I could sit and pick fault all night in my guys doesn't mean they are not to standard. I just see something that could be improved to make my view of a perfect chihuahua. For his coat try yumega in his food. They are defiantly to standard just we a few faults like every other dog on this forum. weather or not you think they are show quality is up to you some judges will like them some won't, I can go on a winning streak getting 1st in every class then at the next show get smacked down to earth with 3rd out of 3 at just a open show (haha that did happen) its if you think they are worth the early mornings, hundres of pounds it costs to enter and geting to the show ect then finding there are 12 dogs in the class who all look like the chihuahuas you see at crufts (because that's who it will be every show) a lot of people don't think there dogs are good enought and like the saying goes 'there are many a champion sat on a sofa some where'
Don't forget I'm no judge so don't take every word I say to heart a lot of other people will think different.
Oh ask kristi about the nose thing I believe there is some thing you can feed them to darken pigmentation, not 100% sure tho.

I will definately take a look at that Yumega thanks for that hun. Is that what u feed urs? I definately do not think they are show quality and plus i dont think they would enjoy it especially ollie! Will certainly consider it in the future when i have more time to devote to it all :) and of course if i have a chi worthy enough lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts